Stateroom/Category Selection

loveJake

We currently have Cat. BD Baja deck reserved, on the Star. I see that Cat. BF, BB, and BC are now the same price as mine. One includes Aloha Deck. We have cruised 9 times, never on Princess. I know room location is a personal preference and I like our balcony position, don't want people looking down on me. Just asking for personal preference and why. Thanks, know I would be happy in the broom closet, just want to be sure while price has come down on other cats, but not the one I booked, know that means more people have booked our deck but why? Thanks!

My favorite deck is the Caribe deck because the balconies are about twice as large as the standard balconies on Lido, Aloha and Baja decks. Most people prefer the Caribe deck for that reason that is why they are categories BA and BB, the most expensive of the standard balconies. The Caribe deck balconies are half covered and half uncovered. So if you want privacy just sit under the covered portion. The uncovered portion is additional space you won't get on Baja deck.

You also have room for two chaise loungers on the Caribe deck but you only have room for two chairs on Baja deck. On the Golden last year my Caribe deck balcony had two chaise loungers already on it when I boarded, but if it doesn't then ask your room steward to bring you some.

As far as noise levels are concerned I prefer Caribe and Baja decks on the Star because you have cabins above and below you. So you will find Baja and Caribe decks very quiet.

We have been on both decks and you won't get anyone looking down at you from above; however, the people below can look up. Caribe is the best deck because of the larger balcony and being half covered. For our next cruise on the Star and the Golden I have chosen Caribe because of that. It also means that the price has come down because they want to sell these cabins. It is getting closer to the cruise and not enough of the cabins have been booked whereas in the category you are in they are probable sold out.

ok, I understand that Baja deck, which we are on, there are more cabins sold then on Caribe, so that must mean that there are some advantages to this deck. I checked and the only thing available is a guarantee on the Caribe so I think I will stay where I am at. I am a person who makes a decision and then thinks it to death wndering if I made the right choice, drives my husband nuts! Thanks for your advice, I'm sure you are right, I had picked the deck we are on for more privacy, no hanky panky privacy, just quiet alone time, celebrating our 40th anniversary. Just returned from a cruise with 4 grandkids, need this one to chill out.

Archived