Which beach, Magen's or Coki?

katiel53

Island Girl or anyone that can help us,

We are doing a tour with Godfrey, but want to know which beach we should go to. I have had 2 knee replacements, so have a hard time getting in and out of water especially if there is a drop off. Years ago we went to Magen's and it seemed I was able to walk out and not have a drop off. We were thinking of going to Coki but then I read that if you go out a way there is a big drop off. What do you think?

Thanks for your help.

Magens is shallow with no drop off for quite aways out. There is no surf at Magens. Coki is not as shallow and has a drop off, no waves either. That said, the sand configuration under the water can change with storms etc.My knees are not so great and I prefer Magens because of it's lovely shallow water and very gradual slope into deeper water. No snorkeling at Magens to speak of if this is a consideration.

Enjoy :)

B.

Betsy's Mom and GTaylor,

Thanks for the information. I think we will try to go to Magen's. Last year at Sapphire Beach I had a really hard time with the drop off, even though it wasn't much of one. Gosh, it's awful to get old and fall apart. Thanks again.

If you are going to the beach to snorkel, stay away from Megan’s bay. It is barren of sea life. Yes you may see a couple of small fish. I found most of these to at the far right of the beach where some small boats are moored. The engine blocks that they used for their moorings is the only raised feature for fish to hover around or and small corals to grow on.

If going to just swim and sunbath, it’s very nice. Found the water clear and warm.

Archived