Legend of the Seas tips

Hi Everyone!

We're very excited to have booked our 2nd cruise ever .. first with RC .. we sail on Dec. 30th.

I loved ready the tips last time in the carnival pages about 'what they don't tell you' and was wondering if they had anything for Legend of the Seas? One of the things specifically was .. on carnival if you didn't like what was for dinner you could order a plain steak. Does anyone know if you can do this on RC ships?

Also, we are bringing our daughter with us this time, so if anyone has any tips for a 6 year old/family vacation they'd be most appreciated as well!

thanks!

Hi,

Returned from cruise on Legend two weeks ago. The menu's in the Romeo & Juliet Restaurant were amazing. They did have delicious black angus grilled sirloin steak & chicken every night & you could opt for a variety of sauces such as black pepper.

Don't worry about children eating, mine loved the dining room experience especially all the fuss from our waiters. It gave them the opportunity to try all types of food they wouldn't normally choose.

I'm sure you'll have a brill time, we did!

Just returned from my first cruise on the Legend of the Seas last week and can only confirm what has been said about the dining in the Romeo & Juliet Restaurant - fantastic menu and superb quality! The waiters were very attentive and paid extra special attention to youngsters. My 9 year old nephew loved the food and was very enthusiastic about the various childrens clubs and activities aboard. A fabulous ship with fabulous service - you'll love it! And if the breakfasts in the Windjammer becomes a bit busy for you don't hesitate to order breakfast the night before for delivery in your stateroom - all included (except for a tip). Absolute Bliss!

Is Romeo and Juliet the main dining area? We have requested the 6:15 seating ... hope it doesn't make us rushed for the shows! Our 6 year old has already said she wants to eat with us, but I think that might change when we get there and she starts having fun!

Thanks for the tip about breakfast ... be nice to have it delivered once or twice!

Leigh-Anne

The Romeo and Juliet Dining Room is the main place, and I agree with

all the above posts. Good service and great food! We never wanted for anything the entire week. They gave me a wonderful piece of cheesecake for my Birthday and brought a group over to sing to me:)

On the sea days they had a Barbeque lunch on the pool deck. We really

enjoyed that, plus the Windjammer always had a good variety too.

You should be good for the shows if you have 6:15. That's what we

had and it worked out great.

Have a fabulous time!

RDeagazio...Thank you soooo much for the link to your pictures. I will be on the Legend in March. My last cruise was on the AOS (big ship) and was kind of worried the Lengend would be a little disappointing in comparision. After looking at your pictures I am not worried anymore.

Leigh-Ann...Thank you for starting this thread. Enjoy the research it is part of the fun. 198 days left for me.

Have been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises and have third one booked for November.....ON LEGEND !!!!

One thing about the dining room......if you don't see what you want - ASK. If it is humanly possible it will appear before your eyes !!!

Also if you do not like something - tell them....they will bring you anything else on the menu..... and if you don't eat it (I just wasnt real hungry one night) they will still try to bring you something else !!!!! :D

Our first cruise on Rhapsody (sister ship to Legend) we did not order room service at all..... but on our second on the Serenade we did every morning. We ate on our balcony which was heavenly.... room service is free but you should tip the waiter a few dollars. It was nice to have coffee and juice etc. while still in our jammies ;)

As far as early seating (6:15) WE ALWAYS HAVE EARLY SEATING. It just feels more natural to eat and then walk around for about 30 minutes and then go into the theatre for the show..... which usually starts at 9:00.

Havent sailed Carnival but I think you will enjoy RCI !

We were on the later sitting, but it really doesn't matter regarding the shows. They have two performances of those as well, which will sometimes come as a "pre" and sometimes as a "post" dinner show. As for alternative dinner requests.... they regularly brought us items that didn't feature on the menu at all! And when my 9 year old nephew couldn't decide what he wanted, they brought along two entrees for him just in case! They really couldn't do enough for us. Wonderful service!

Is Romeo and Juliet the main dining area? We have requested the 6:15 seating ... hope it doesn't make us rushed for the shows! Our 6 year old has already said she wants to eat with us, but I think that might change when we get there and she starts having fun!

Thanks for the tip about breakfast ... be nice to have it delivered once or twice!

Leigh-Anne

You should have a good 30 minutes before the shows.

Camp A doesn't open until 7, so your 6 year old will be eating with you. The good waiters feed the kids first. I try to time taking the kids to Camp A just before my entree, then it's a nice dinner and dessert for DW and I.

Thanks so much for all the info and the photo's! Hubby downloaded one of them as the background picture for his cell phone already :D hehe Just a little excited!

I love coming on the boards and checking out all the posts before we sail!! We've booked Bodden Tours as well for when we are in Roatan so it's just getting that much more exciting!!!!

C'mon December!

Leigh-Anne

If you want answers on anything.............and I do mean anything having to do with the Legend............Carol.......will eventually see this thread.........and you will have everything you have ever wanted to know about the Legend.............right here.

Oh.......Carol??????

Rick

We are interested in the new itineraries sailing from Santo Domingo IF we can find a reasonable way to get there. Having sailed Grandeur twice ( and LOVING it), will Legend be comparable? Is there a specialty restaurant onboard?

Any ideas on airfare to Santo Domingo? I realize this is a bit premature since we'd be sailing later in 2007, but gotta plan early!

Thanks !!

Hello Rick and Everyone., Thanks for the greeting. ..you know me so well. A bit late..but have to add my 2 cents. I have

just returned from my second 14 day Med cruise on Legend of the Seas on Saturday. We were so busy with all the activities and exciting ports of call..that I have needed many days to recover. The ship looked fantastic..new beds and bedding in the cabins.. truly plush and very comfortable. Everything was immaculate.and constantly being kept that way. A most wonderful cruise...on a beautiful ship..with an amazing crew.

We were certainly pampered all the way. I hate to think of the pounds added on..but I can honestly say.. my family certainly missed all the food when we checked our empty cupboards on arriving home. We had our 2 daughters and their boyfriends along for their first cruise..and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Especially the continuous array at the Windjammer..and the burgers and pizza late night in the solarium.

What can I say about the food in the dining room...that has not already been said.? It was first class.. your wish is their command. The menu and service were Superior in every way to last year. Something very hard to beat. Many, many choices...

My girls are veggies...and the 2 lads are very picky. But They were very happy with all the options..choosing was the only problem. They actually were very good at trying new dishes...and enjoyed them. And.. if you did not like something..they would gladly bring something else. The waiter even offered a very difficult gentleman at our table..the chance to suggest a dish he would like to eat for the next night. Saying the chef would prepare it special for him. That sort of personal service is very hard to find these days. I might add that this gentleman was a diamond RC cruiser..so he was not unhappy..just a very difficult eater. His partner was not.They had also sailed Legend previously...on several occasions.

The Romeo and Juliet dining room is just so elegant. We have been lucky experience both levels..sitting overlooking the marble staircase and pianist on deck 5 this time. And By the large windows on deck 4 last year. The balcony was Just wonderful for the parade of nations..when the waiters all gather and sing for you. I thoroughly enjoyed the lovely music during dinner as well. which was not a daily occurence last year.

The food in the windjammer is also excellent.and an attractive dining venue. all glass enclosed..offering Paoramic views all around of the bow of the ship and sea. Several themed nights were on offer this cruise. Italian..Chinese..and Indian...which were so special with all the decorations to match..and a beautiful presentation on the food. It is often tempting to eat dinners here instead of the dining room. On busy port days.. we did opt for a couple of dinners in the windjammer...one being the Italian night.

The gala buffet in the dining room..and the midnight buffet on pool deck.. With all the ice sculptures...fruits carved in designs..and the many displays of foods in various shapes and patterns.. were truly works of art. All in All..the Legend is a marvelous ship..with wonderful food..and a personality all her own that is warm and welcoming. Wishing everone sailing Legend..the most wonderful cruise experience. We absolutely love her. regards, carol

Connie and Debbie....Legend has no conciege service at present...or a specialty restaurant..but the personal care is second to none. I know many people like an extra specialty restaurant. However,The choices available did include Steaks..and beef.. always on hand....and many Italian dishes..as an alternative. regards, Carol

Hi Carole

Glad to hear you had a wonderfull time,and thanks for the review.

It is now just less than a year before we go,can't wait.....

Hello Gedam...Good to hear from you again. Legend has definitely gotten better and better. Far more luxurious than the photos..many improvements in the past year or so. I know you will enjoy the ship and the itinerary you have chosen. They are wonderful ports.. Captain Nik...and the staff and crew..were very excited with the new schedule.. and the prospect of sailing from Rome (Civitevecchia) and through Greece...the captains home. He has joked that everyone sailing with him..is invited back to his house for a bar b que...All 2000 passengers!! No problem...says he..."I have a Very Big House"...lol...A very charming and most sincere gentlman. you will have a great time..regards, Carol

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the review of Legend. I will be on her next July 6th. Can you tell me a little about the weather in the Med this time of year. Was the sea pretty calm. The ports are exciting. Don't know how I'm going to wait. Thanks

Sherrie,

I sailed the cruise before Carol. The weather will be hot in med, this year it was beautiful, in the 30's every day. The sea was really calm. Ypu could almost forget you were at sea at times. I can remember two nights when is seemed a bit rougher but it all added to the fun of the cruise especially trying to dance in the disco, a bit tiddly as well!:)

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the review of Legend. I will be on her next July 6th. Can you tell me a little about the weather in the Med this time of year. Was the sea pretty calm. The ports are exciting. Don't know how I'm going to wait. Thanks

Hi sherrie...don't worry about the weather..you will be fine. First of all..as Miss mental says...you will be sailing from Italy..directly in the med..and hot temps and calm seas should be on hand immediately. Early July is a good time of year. Most problems with low pressure come from France..the channel side..and you are away from those areas. Captain Nik is due to be back onboard next summer. He is wonderful..very friendly..likes to chat with his passengers. Every noon..over the tannoy..he gives a full weather report. The temperatures at sea... and what it is like in the next port...the weather conditions at sea..distances..and predictions for the next 24 hrs. Any problems..and he will advise you.. and will do his best to avoid those areas and minimize any movement. Legend is a sturdy ship that handles well.

In contrast... we sailed a very different route starting from the Uk..and had 2 very different cruises weather wise. But we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of both. The weather never even crossed our minds...when assessing the cruise. July 30th 2005..pouring rain on sailing day...cold the first 2 days and the last..lots of winds at sea.(.so choppy seas as a result).. one quite rough day.. (for a matter of hours.) but perfect weather in ports. Hot..but comfortable.

This Sailing.. August 5th 2006..Perfect weather from sailing day onwards..hot..sunny..calm seas..except for a couple days of moderate swells on and off..giving a gentle rocking affect at times. I too was enjoying myself on the dance floor..during the swells...feeling a bit lite on my feet.A lot of fun. People were in the swimming pools till very late at night..Fantastic conditions. Wonderful cruise.

we are also returning on Legend next summer...something we never expected last year.3 cruises. We are Sailing August 11th through Italy and Croatia. Please Keep in touch..any questions... I will be glad to answer. You are going to have a wonderful time..the Med is absolutely beautiful..and seeing it while onboard legend of the Seas..makes it just amazing. Regards, Carol

Archived