New York Cruise Terminal (Hotels & Parking)

ncldawn5

I wanted to know about inexpensive hotels to stay in for a family of 5 (2 adults + 3 children) near the port of new york or somewhere in new jersey the night before we board the ncl dawn (december 27th 2006)

Also, where do we park our car when we are on the ship and if any of these hotels offer transfers to and from the port of new york?

Thanx:)

Your best chance of finding and inexpensive hotel during the holiday is to stay in NJ. My suggestion for your family would be the Homewood Suites in Edgewood NJ. You might be able to fit your entire family in a regular room. The hotel has shuttles the Ferry which is about a 15 minute ride to NYC. You can take a 10 minute cab ride to the terminal.

Thanks Randy for the tip but did you mean Edgewater? How about Somerset to the terminal, they are about half the price of the one in Edgewater.

I would be parking at the terminal as it will be more for the easiness factor but if I could get from the hotel to the terminal without having to break my compass and making up a strategic plan.. I would do that also. I like the part of dropping off the family and luggage and parking.....

I do not know the area but want to make sure we are close to the terminal as we are coming from PA and about 3+ hours away and winter weather is not a sure thing.

Thanks for the information

janymac:p

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Secaucus. It was $109 in March.

The hotel is next to one of the feeders for the Lincoln tunnel. It will be about 20 mins from hotel to pier.

There is a nice restaurant in front of the hotel.

We stayed at the hotel at night as the roads can be confusing at night. BTW the road to the Lincoln tunnel is no problem, very easy to follow signs to the tunnel.

Also, the feeder off the NJ turnpike is well marked and easy to follow.

You might want to try Priceline for a Secaucus,NJ hotel.

There is also "less" expensive parking @ the NJ ferry pier.

Would require a cab ride(short) from ferry( NY) dock to cruise terminal.

Archived