Ice Buckets!!

Krazy Kruizers

Fisrst off, I cannot beleive that I am responding to an ice bucket post but here goes.....if you are real nice to your room steward, he may get for you, a champagne bucket that you can use for ice/beverages. It easily holds a 6 pack of my nectar, Dr. Pepper. Now don't go spreading the word, else there will not be a bucket for me.

I always wanted to just get the ice for myself during off hours if needed. I thought I was the only one that wanted to check out the ice machine. We will definately take note as to where the cabin steward goes to fill it up and just get it ourselves when needed. One thing we have done in the past is just ask room service to get it for us when we order something and need it. And yes, we do tip.

Is it okay to smuggle ice onboard. ;) I prefer the entire deck of passengers not to have access to my ice. That is why the door is closed. Now I will have to smuggle some booze onboard to sterilize my ice. Darn!

Hey Copper, maybe some inflatable dancing girls for that other thread.:eek:

Is it okay to smuggle ice onboard. ;) I prefer the entire deck of passengers not to have access to my ice. That is why the door is closed. Now I will have to smuggle some booze onboard to sterilize my ice. Darn!

Hey Copper, maybe some inflatable dancing girls for that other thread.:eek:

I think you're on to something Bear!;)

Don't drink beer, but we've never had an ice bucket on a HAL ship that could hold 6 beers and lots of ice!

LOL, I was trying to get a visual as the current bucket holds maybe one can of beer, if that.... I was trying to imagine "mini beers" or something, before I realized the poster was most likely thinking of the bucket o' beer, which is sold in many of the lounges. :)

Buckets o' beer are now 4 cans...at least, they were on the Noordam in July....

I though DH got more than 4 on our Noordam cruise, but I don't drink it anymore - only DH does, so I'm not certain the number, but thinking of it - you may be right... he only bought it once or twice and brought the extras back to the cabin to have on the balcony. We had asked the steward to remove the other brands of beer so there would be room.

It used to be that a bucket meant six beers, but it was probably too many for most people unless you were with a group - we shared more than a few with friends over the years. :)

This thread is starting to remind me of Keeping Up Appearances on BBC America. "Good morning Mrs Bucket" - "That's bouquet, Hyacinth Bouquet"

LOL :) How about the classic one, when Hyacinth & "Mr. Bucket" err Bouquet were on HAL ;) ;) & her Bother-in-law, Arlow, (not sure of his name) was invited to the Capt.s Table.. :eek: :eek:

LOL :) How about the classic one, when Hyacinth & "Mr. Bucket" err Bouquet were on HAL ;) ;) & her Bother-in-law, Arlow, (not sure of his name) was invited to the Capt.s Table.. :eek: :eek:

Unfortunately, I missed that one but I can imagine it was a funny one with Onslow sitting there in his tank-top/undershirt but wait, that's the dress code thread

Hey Guys!!

All I wanted to know was what some of you thought about those tiny, fancy, ice buckets on the silver tray in your cabins.

DH likes the tray. He can carry back to our cabin a coffee for each of us and a plate of nibbles without needing a third hand. :)

Hey Guys!!

All I wanted to know was what some of you thought about those tiny, fancy, ice buckets on the silver tray in your cabins.

KK-

I think I like the bigger bucket - at least one to cool a bottle of wine. We had a hard time getting the comped bottle of wine cooled, but even more so, the ice seemed to melt very quickly.

Archived