Ice Buckets!!

Krazy Kruizers

LOL How about the classic one, when Hyacinth & "Mr. Bucket" err Bouquet were on HAL & her Bother-in-law, Arlow, (not sure of his name) was invited to the Capt.s Table.. :eek:

Unfortunately, I missed that one but I can imagine it was a funny one with Onslow sitting there in his tank-top/undershirt but wait, that's the dress code threadUnfortunately, I missed that one but I can imagine it was a funny one with Onslow sitting there in his tank-top/undershirt but wait, that's the dress code thread

She was on the QE2 not Hal.

Onslow was actually dressed up. The funny part was Hyacinth trying to get into the Queen's Grill (or whatever the suite class is called )Dinning room, being turned away, and then spotting Onslow and Daisy there. :D

After years of traveling to hotels and making the "ice run" one of the first things that I always do, on my first cruise I immediately rang the steward and asked for him to come bring ice.

When he arrived, I reached for the ice bucket and it seemed awfully heavy - and of course there was already ice in there! :o

I never liked the brown plasticky ones - the newer ones are prettier. I usually also keep a bottle of bubbly chilling in the stateroom too, so have never lacked for ice...

Brian your post reminds me of something and I'm probably going to get jumped on here. How do you ring for the steward? Once we called to front desk and they said to call room service - we now either lie in wait for the steward or :eek: just go to the ice machine ourselves. We have been on HAL 5 times and have never figured that one out (I usually put a post it on the mirror and hope for the best)

If you have a frig in your room---empty their stuff and then the Ice bucket will fit in the frig just fine. Sometimes-depending on where the shelf is in the frig- you have to put the top on upside down. That way your ice stays cold all night. Just remember to take it out for the room stewert in the morning. Penny

She was on the QE2 not Hal.

Onslow was actually dressed up. The funny part was Hyacinth trying to get into the Queen's Grill (or whatever the suite class is called )Dinning room, being turned away, and then spotting Onslow and Daisy there. :D

Yes, I knew it was not HAL, but could not remember which line it was...That's why I put the two ;) ;) in there...

That segment & the one where a friend loaned them his Cabin Cruiser were two of my favorite ones! :) :)

Thanks's for the memories! Betty

Can't, for the life of me, remember WHY DW wanted lots of ice last trip, but do know that she got the steward to bring us a champagne bucket as well, in addition to the regular ice bucket. She asked steward to replenish it frequently and he did. Think it is really a communication issue. Let your steward know what is important to you and our experience has been that they go out of their way to accommodate.

I posted I didn't like the new ice buckets, they were smaller and the ice melted faster. I preferred the old ones.

I don't think there is a communication problem. KK asked if you liked the new ice buckets.

I never had an issue with getting ice.

Archived