Past Cruisers going on the Miracle BEWARE!

inkspotbob

We sailed the Miracle on 8/20 heading to the Western Carribean. We had sailed lastyear with Carnival on the Victory (Eastern Carribean). We were really looking forward to this cruise as it was our second and we were eagerly awaiting to meet our fellow cruise critics who were also past cruisers at the Past-cruise cocktail party. However it wasn't to be....... On Monday evening our 1st formal evening with the captain went off without a hitch. We came back from dinner (early dinner) to find our "Past Cruise" pins on the beds that were turned down for us. We were thrilled only to find out Wednesday am at breakfast that the past cruiser party was Tuesday evening "by invitation only". We were SHOCKED!!!! How could this have happened. I was also told by a friend I made at Bingo who was a past cruiser as well that they were selling the raffle tickets for the "Win a cruise" the drawing is on Saturday evening. To 1st timers they are sold for $10.00 each and 3 for $20.00. If you are a past cruiser you can purchase 4 for $20.00. On Wednesday am I immediately went to the pursers desk to find out what happened and why we were overlooked. I also inquired how I could purchase these tickets at the past cruiser rate since we were in fact past cruisers. I was lied to my face by one girl who told me I was mistaken and that these tickets were not for sale as of yet. When I pursued the issue I was again told that I was mistaken and that they must have sold them at the Bingo that she was certain "No tickets were sold at this past cruiser party". I was very upset as I explained to her that this was a BIG Part of our cruise as we wanted to socialize with our past cruisers..... I asked to speak to the manager. The Manager came over who was a blonde woman who was not too courteous as she leaned into my face and asked me "What I would like her to do about it". Well being in the CSR field I was totally taken back as we always try to make our customers happy and to not let them feel as though we just don't care. Well that's how I felt, that Carnival just didn't care. Later that afternoon an apology letter came to our room with a bottle of Champagne. I went back to the pursers desk after dinner and explained that although I thought the gesture was nice, I really didn't think my 10 yr old son (who is also a past cruiser) would be able to benefit from the champagne. I got NOWHERE!!!! They just didn't care. They tried to blame it on our steward who was absolutely WONDERFUL. I pulled him aside and asked what was going on. He said that the invitation should have come the same time as the pins but he got ours 2 days later. That would be a day after I complained. I gave them ample time to try to make it up to us. My son would have just liked a few tokens for the arcade. SOMETHING!!!! Carnival Miracle if you are reading this Any kind of acknowledgement other than alcohol for my 10 yr old would have been appreciated. Just a more compasionate set of pursers would have been nicer. To have the manager get in my face and ask me what I would like her to do about it really sent me in the direction of picking another cruise line nextyear when our cruise time comes up. Maybe Royal Carribean would be more compasionate to a digruntled past guest of the Miracle......... We will see........

You have a right to complain and you should write a letter to CCL. Just because it is not important to anyone on this BB it is to you.You earned the right to go to that party and they deprived you of it.

How many people here would be poed if they were not given their benefits when they achieved platinum? I will start a poll.:D

...We came back from dinner (early dinner) to find our "Past Cruise" pins on the beds that were turned down for us. We were thrilled only to find out Wednesday am at breakfast that the past cruiser party was Tuesday evening... "by invitation only"... I was also told by a friend I made at Bingo who was a past cruiser as well that they were selling the raffle tickets for the "Win a cruise" ...If you are a past cruiser you can purchase 4 for $20.00.

...They tried to blame it on our steward who was absolutely WONDERFUL. I pulled him aside and asked what was going on. He said that the invitation should have come the same time as the pins but he got ours 2 days later...

the pins shld not have come w/o the invites. your cabin steward delivers both. and, if he didn't have your invites, but had your pins, he shld have known immediately that something was wrong. he bears the brunt of the responsibility here. the party is by invitation only, and the invites get collected for a free champagne drawing, i believe.

the raffle tickets...were they really that important to you? well, i'm guessing they were. but i have been to several of these and i have never won a thing, lol. but, if this ever happens again, seek out the Cruise Director. he's the one that runs this, and he will likely be able to arrange for your purchase of these tickets, though he may need to verify first that you were not in attendance.

why the purser's desk didn't advise you to contact him, and/or why they didn't leave him a message about your problem is curious. it seems like the obvious thing to do. someone who works under him cld have easily gotten back to you.

Sometimes it works out - sometimes it doesn't. If someone told you life is always fair - they lied. The party is no big deal - not worth spoiling a cruise for sure.

The party was a big deal to the OP. Just like when you were complaining that you did not get your docs 7 days prior to sailing last September. You could have still gotten on the ship without them but you wanted them.So whats the difference?

Sometimes it works out - sometimes it doesn't. If someone told you life is always fair - they lied. The party is no big deal - not worth spoiling a cruise for sure.

No big deal to you maybe but to the OP it was. I went on 2 Carnival cruises....the second one was the Miracle and I was looking forward to the past guest party and if I didn't get my invitation, I would have been pissed also. So the OP has every right to complain.

It would be interesting to see the OPs perspective on this a year later.... The OP has not posted in over a year on CC.

You know I didn't even realize that the post was from last year.....I thought it was from August of this year.

I think the OP is joking. No one could possibly be that whiney and petty.

Ohhh really....stick around awhile and see just how people can be quite whiny and petty. Although I do agree with the OP. They were entitled to be at the past guest party and they should have.

We sailed the Miracle on 8/20 heading to the Western Carribean. We had sailed lastyear with Carnival on the Victory (Eastern Carribean). We were really looking forward to this cruise as it was our second and we were eagerly awaiting to meet our fellow cruise critics who were also past cruisers at the Past-cruise cocktail party. However it wasn't to be....... On Monday evening our 1st formal evening with the captain went off without a hitch. We came back from dinner (early dinner) to find our "Past Cruise" pins on the beds that were turned down for us. We were thrilled only to find out Wednesday am at breakfast that the past cruiser party was Tuesday evening "by invitation only". We were SHOCKED!!!! How could this have happened. I was also told by a friend I made at Bingo who was a past cruiser as well that they were selling the raffle tickets for the "Win a cruise" the drawing is on Saturday evening. To 1st timers they are sold for $10.00 each and 3 for $20.00. If you are a past cruiser you can purchase 4 for $20.00. On Wednesday am I immediately went to the pursers desk to find out what happened and why we were overlooked. I also inquired how I could purchase these tickets at the past cruiser rate since we were in fact past cruisers. I was lied to my face by one girl who told me I was mistaken and that these tickets were not for sale as of yet. When I pursued the issue I was again told that I was mistaken and that they must have sold them at the Bingo that she was certain "No tickets were sold at this past cruiser party". I was very upset as I explained to her that this was a BIG Part of our cruise as we wanted to socialize with our past cruisers..... I asked to speak to the manager. The Manager came over who was a blonde woman who was not too courteous as she leaned into my face and asked me "What I would like her to do about it". Well being in the CSR field I was totally taken back as we always try to make our customers happy and to not let them feel as though we just don't care. Well that's how I felt, that Carnival just didn't care. Later that afternoon an apology letter came to our room with a bottle of Champagne. I went back to the pursers desk after dinner and explained that although I thought the gesture was nice, I really didn't think my 10 yr old son (who is also a past cruiser) would be able to benefit from the champagne. I got NOWHERE!!!! They just didn't care. They tried to blame it on our steward who was absolutely WONDERFUL. I pulled him aside and asked what was going on. He said that the invitation should have come the same time as the pins but he got ours 2 days later. That would be a day after I complained. I gave them ample time to try to make it up to us. My son would have just liked a few tokens for the arcade. SOMETHING!!!! Carnival Miracle if you are reading this Any kind of acknowledgement other than alcohol for my 10 yr old would have been appreciated. Just a more compasionate set of pursers would have been nicer. To have the manager get in my face and ask me what I would like her to do about it really sent me in the direction of picking another cruise line nextyear when our cruise time comes up. Maybe Royal Carribean would be more compasionate to a digruntled past guest of the Miracle......... We will see........

I saw the title of the thread, and starting shaking in my boots ( since I will be sailing on the Miracle one month from today .... ) I just couldn't imagine what the emergency could possibly be ! So many things ran through my worried mind.... someone being assaulted, or worse, fallen overboard and the crew didn't attend to it , or bacteria in the potato salad that caused a parasitic illness, etc., etc, etc.

Imagine my relief to see that it was an oversight about a party. Whew ! Now I can sleep easier for the next 30 days ( and be ever so vigilant for my invitation to the past cruisers' party ! )

Keep on cruisin' ..... there's nothing like it ! :-)

You know I didn't even realize that the post was from last year.....I thought it was from August of this year.

lol, me either sandi. hmmmm, who would bump this post up other than the OP (maybe re-registering to bump and stp), or someone else just looking to stir it.

the post contains contains no general information, questions or problems that seem to repeat and wld warrant a revival, so it's interesting that the "bumper" chose this thread to make his or her "first" post.

I saw the title of the thread, and starting shaking in my boots ( since I will be sailing on the Miracle one month from today .... ) I just couldn't imagine what the emergency could possibly be ! So many things ran through my worried mind.... someone being assaulted, or worse, fallen overboard and the crew didn't attend to it , or bacteria in the potato salad that caused a parasitic illness, etc., etc, etc.

Imagine my relief to see that it was an oversight about a party. Whew ! Now I can sleep easier for the next 30 days ( and be ever so vigilant for my invitation to the past cruisers' party ! )

Keep on cruisin' ..... there's nothing like it ! :-)

Nah, don't worry....you will have a great time on the Miracle. :DGo and check out my thread called "All Things Miracle" which is probably on page 3 or 4 by now. :(

lol, me either sandi. hmmmm, who would bump this post up other than the OP (maybe re-registering to bump and stp), or someone else just looking to stir it.

the post contains contains no general information, questions or problems that seem to repeat and wld warrant a revival, so it's interesting that the "bumper" chose this thread to make his or her "first" post.

Hiya TC :D

go and check your email. I figured I would catch you on a post that I posted to also. :p

Halos, the post must have been at least 20 pages back when it was dug up. And I certainly can't answer why.....LOL!!!!
I think it was just a newbie who had done a search on Miracle and came upon this old post. Kegga certainly wasn't agreeing with the OP, so I don't think they were trying to stir up anything.

I think it was just a newbie who had done a search on Miracle and came upon this old post. Kegga certainly wasn't agreeing with the OP, so I don't think they were trying to stir up anything.

Beth, could be....anythings possible on here....LOL!!!!:p

Hiya TC :D

go and check your email. I figured I would catch you on a post that I posted to also. :p

i've been on the poc boards, sorry. i'm not signed in to it, but will check.:D our friend is back again.

good point. i saw the title "what goes around comes around" and well... sorry kegga, if you weren't stp. it struck me as a strange first post to have.

Archived