Mexican Riviera on Star

dpspa

Have not cruise in 10 years. Last cruise was with children. Now it's our turn. Read lots of great info from this site. Need info. on what drinks are free, Soda cards, Best Dining Areas, Best time for dinner. Just need to be fiiled with information from those who are experienced cruisers and who have been on Star.

We sailed on the Star last September in a mini suite. Loved it. Had a great time. Drinks are a bit on the expensive side, but then so are the soda plans! You can't just buy one or two days' worth of soda. It's per pers for the week or duration (I can't remember which).

Best dining - well, as you will see from reading these boards, food is very subjective. My best advice to you is to hit up every restaurant and make your own decisions as to the best places.

For years my husband and I just ate at the free restaurants. We then had a taste of Surf and Turf at Cagney's and we're hooked. I haven't tried any other speciality restaurants, other than Cagney's, but will probably do so on the Jewel in October.

Just go and have a wonderful time. I think you will love the Star. I just didn't want to get off the ship! Then again I love being on ships. I had a grand time crossing the English Channel in a storm having tea with the crew while my ship mates were all sick!

Eat everywhere - eat everything! Enjoy!

Have not cruise in 10 years. Last cruise was with children. Now it's our turn. Read lots of great info from this site. Need info. on what drinks are free, Soda cards, Best Dining Areas, Best time for dinner. Just need to be fiiled with information from those who are experienced cruisers and who have been on Star.

Free (included) drinks - milk, coffee, tea, juice, tap water, capuccino, espresso

Soda card - Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup

*Pricing is subject to change without notice

Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days

Unlimited Fountain Soda. The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Includes: Coke, D. Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Soda Water

Best Dining Areas - I would recommend Le Bistro (great filet mignon, mushroom soup, chocolate fondue), Cagney's (excellent steaks) and Teppanyaki (fun food-preparation show, tasty entrees). The two main dining rooms are Versailles (big, grand, opulent, somewhat noisy) and Aqua (smaller, more contemporary decor). The Blue Lagoon is also an excellent place to pick up a snack (burger, hot dog, buffalo wings, fish & chips, fried rice, etc.).

Best time for dinner - when you're hungry or when it suits your schedule (LOL). Honestly, that's how I feel since that's the beauty of Freestyle dining. Peak times (when there might be a short wait to be seated) tend to be between 7 and 8.

I was on the Star last year and had an excellent time.

We really enjoyed Endless Summer (Tex Mex) - no extra charge, but you need reservations.

Also Blue Lagoon for potato skins, wings, etc., etc., etc...

We agree with Johnql - eat when you are hungry :) We never had to wait for more than a few minutes to be seated, and we were a group of 8...

Enjoy your cruise on the Star - we certainly did!!

I'm going to be on the Star too. At the end of September.

I haven't seen anywhere exactly what things Endless Summer has on it's menu. Does anybody know where there is a posting or something?

I don't know why, but for some reason I am really looking forward to seeing Zihatenejo (sp).

I heard there's a pretty good clinic on the ship that you can sign up for during this cruise that teaches you how to make margaritas and then lets you sample them. I think it's $10. And there's one for martinis too. It sounds fun.

Archived