MAIL CALL!! -- Mariner Magazine!!

Krazy Kruizers

[quote name='jhannah'][SIZE=3]Nope! Still waiting![/SIZE] *sigh*
:confused:[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]My guess is you have a mailman that is interested in taking a cruise or it got stuck to another magazine and another Mariner in you neighborhood got two. ;) The double Mariner Magazine happened to us one time.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

What is everyone getting so excited about receiving a commerical magazine???

Just a question - not to infuriate people?
Possibly some people think that they belong to a "special" category - I think not!

HAL is a business and if they can promote a certain cruise or a category - more power to them - its your dollars they are interested in - other than that - nothing else!!!! Mariners are NOT special...other than your bucks!

[quote name='diboja']What is everyone getting so excited about receiving a commerical magazine???

Just a question - not to infuriate people?
Possibly some people think that they belong to a "special" category - I think not!

HAL is a business and if they can promote a certain cruise or a category - more power to them - its your dollars they are interested in - other than that - nothing else!!!! Mariners are NOT special...other than your bucks![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Hello hello hello Diboja from Winnipeg, Manitoba! Welcome to CC![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]You're completely right! Mariners aren't special. They're just folks that have taken at least one HAL cruise. Everyone is just waiting for the excellent recipes that are posted in Mariner Magazine:) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy] Everyone is just waiting for the excellent recipes that are posted in Mariner Magazine:) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=navy]And there was at that a wonderful recipe for soup that sounded great but DH but DH just wrinkled up his nose.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080]Actually for many cruising, HAL has become a hobby or at least our favorite activity and when we receive anything that has to do with HAL we are just a bit excited. :) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Well now S7S, I'm not a cook (I'm lucky I can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich) but in the Spring 2006 magazine, there was an excellent recipe about how to make Tiramisu. Embarrased to say, I gave it a try but had to call the Fire Department to respond for smoke buildup in the kitchen:o . Can't wait to see what's in the new copy![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy]And there was at that a wonderful recipe for soup that sounded great but DH just wrinkled up his nose.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]I [I]totally[/I] agree with your husband - Roasted Shallot & Butternut Squash Soup with Beet Crisps. Why would [I]anyone[/I] crisp a beet? Ugh. :p [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Actually, it sounds like something MY husband would like. :) [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Well now S7S, I'm not a cook (I'm lucky I can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich) but in the Spring 2006 magazine, there was an excellent recipe about how to make Tiramisu. Embarrased to say, I gave it a try but had to call the Fire Department to respond for smoke buildup in the kitchen:o . Can't wait to see what's in the new copy![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[B]I think you best leave the cooking to the great HAL Chefs, John. Could be way tooooo costly for you to keep trying your hand in your kitchen. [/B]

[B]Hmmm....Tiramisu is sounding VERY good right about now. Better go see if they included that in their cookbook. ;)[/B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I took my first and only cruise last summer on HAL to AK. I have NEVER received a Mariner's Magazine mailed to my home. According to this thread I SHOULD be getting it. Does anyone have a number or email address I can contact to request a Mariner's Magazine?

Or course I often get the "Mariner's Special Offer" solicitations.

Happy sailing to us all.

Brenda
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[B]Arrival on the second delivery.[/B]

All I will say What a nice rack...oops is that polite in the company to say that?

It is a whale of an issue !:cool:

It gives the USP Box number on the rear cover too so that is probably where communications should be sent.

It is:
Holland America Line
USPS Box 34985
Seattle, WA 98124-4985

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Got mine today:) Good stuff on Pompei, the Yukon and Buenos Aires but the recipe is for Roasted shallot and butternut squash soup with beet crisps:eek: Holy moly, what's up with that???[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]John, I thought that the Butternut Squash Soup sounded pretty good but would definitely pass on the Beet Crisps:D Come to think of it I think I might have had the Butternut Squash Soup and it was pretty good.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='hammybee']I just got an e-mail with a link to the on line version. I guess Iam not worth the postage:)[/quote]

[B]What are you complaining about? :confused: [/B]
[B]I didn't get the e-mail or the magazine. :rolleyes: [/B]
[B]I think I'll call and ask for a copy.[/B]

I got mine several days ago.
Very nice.
Wish I had LOTS of money and LOTS of free time.
As it is, I'm booked solid through next May, with NO time and NO money for any cruises after it until Jan 2008. :(
Oh ... well ... I'll be enjoying the 60 or so days that I've got booked between now and May 20. :D

Archived