MAIL CALL!! -- Mariner Magazine!!

Krazy Kruizers

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']My copy finally came yesterday (Thur)

I was starting to wonder that maybe the carrier pigeon came down with something ....:eek: :D[/quote]

That Carrier Pigeon or Pony Express arrived in Southwest Florida today (Sat.)..

Jean...Thanks for the heads up on the Whales of Dominica...We'll be there in Nov...

But first, must try the "Roasted Shallot & Butternut Squash Soup w/Beet Crisps".:eek: .. Assumed you were all kidding! ..Yep I know what assume means & for that I get 50 Whacks with a wet Noodle..;)

So, off to the kitchen now! If we don't like the soup, can always go out & have some [B]Tiramisu [/B]to cleanse the palette..:D See you later

Our magazine was delivered today! Thanks to these posts for the tip about the card to fill out for the chance to win a cruise! Ours will be in the mail! Enjoyed the magazine and being tempted by the pics and descriptions of places still on our list to visit!

Happy Day!:)

Skyedoggie

What are you complaining about? :confused:

I didn't get the e-mail or the magazine. :rolleyes:

I think I'll call and ask for a copy.

Something is seriously wrong with HAL's computers if Sail didn't get the Mariner mag. It's more than just a "pricing" glitch. ;) :eek:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Sail, you're just, you're just, THE HAL lady. I mean, if they can't get the mag to you, how can they get it to everyone else?

Sunday deliveries?

Why not ?

We have somtimes gotten special packages on Sunday delivered but the Postal Service office here only has a couple people working for those highly profitable packages that are delivered...

Has anyone here ever written/called Postmaster Potter on that?

:cool:

If there were more hours and days they would have more revenues too...

The largest profit item is the overnight for the USPS. Stamps are the main business.

Only a few USPS Offices are open till Seven PM near us.

Are yours open later like that too?

NYC has a few open 24/7.:cool:

Hello hello hello Diboja from Winnipeg, Manitoba! Welcome to CC!

You're completely right! Mariners aren't special. They're just folks that have taken at least one HAL cruise. Everyone is just waiting for the excellent recipes that are posted in Mariner Magazine:)

Hi Copper...

Thanks for the welcome - although I am not new here. Have been lurking/posting for about 3 years. I am a mariner and have not received the recent magazine as yet - I suppose its the Cold North Winds from here keeping the mail down in the USA...

Got mine yesterday, read it today. I'm vastly underwhelmed.

Each issue, it seems, has less editorial content and more "catalog" content. I know where the line sales, I know what the ships are!

Not that many years ago, the Mariner Mag had, at most, a couple of half-page or quarter-page ads for cruises. There might be an insert with a listing of 4-6 "Mariner special" sailings. Now it's no different from the brochures the line will send out to anyone who asks.

I'm not sure who HAL thinks they're marketing to with this "junk mail," but it isn't me. I don't need a full page of reasons why HAL is "kid friendly". I'm not interested in the "all singing, all dancing, all juggling" Master Chef Dinner!

I'm beginning to think I'm just not interested in HAL any more.

Maybe we'll look at Oceania for next year...

I'm not sure who HAL thinks they're marketing to with this "junk mail," but it isn't me. I don't need a full page of reasons why HAL is "kid friendly". I'm not interested in the "all singing, all dancing, all juggling" Master Chef Dinner!

dakrewser I would have to agree on this point. I was not impressed with this catalog either. If I was looking at HAL for the first time I would probably not book based on their advertising as being sooo kid friendly. I have already reviewed the Master Chef Dinner and really don't care for it at all. I am not yet thinking of changing lines, as I still have a very enjoyable cruise experience, but too many kids splashing around in the adult pool will probably send me packing.

Hi Copper...

Thanks for the welcome - although I am not new here. Have been lurking/posting for about 3 years. I am a mariner and have not received the recent magazine as yet - I suppose its the Cold North Winds from here keeping the mail down in the USA...

If Quebec got it (see Earl M's post) then it's gotta be making it's way west-bound across Ontario to Manitoba, Diboja! Good luck!

Krikc - We haven't recieved a Mariner magazine in over 2 years now. We've also moved several times in the past 4 years, so I can understand it might get lost with the most. But to my surprise it was waiting for me when I got home on tuesday......

I also belong to Cunard's world club, and they haven't sent me anything since my first cruise also 6 years ago. We've cruise with them 3 times since then. go figure.....

Archived