Livorno Car Rental Question

We are renting a car from Avis in Livorno for a day trip. Does anyone know how far the car rental agency is from the dock. The address is Calata Carrara Staz Marittima-B1Z I have read where Hertz has delivered rental cars to the dock and wanted to know if anyone renting from Avis had them deliver the car to the dock. Thanks

Carol

I used a private tour company, but there were about a half dozen rental cars ready to go right next to the ship. It looked like a good, simple way to go.

The drive to and from Florence didn't seem too difficult either, until it comes time to park in Florence. Many streets closed to non- permit traffic, and they stick you with a heavy fine if you try to "cheat" even a block or 2, or so said our driver who says he pays $600 euro a year for his Florence permit.

No, we had to walk to the Avis office, but it was right near where our ship docked. This was 3 years ago, though.

However, when we returned the car, they said we could just leave it near the ship and put the keys under the mat.

I second the suggestion that you don't drive into Florence! We went to Lucca which was delightful.

Archived