Which 2007 Launch Are You Most Excited For?

melissa@cruisecritic

I can't wait for the launch of...  

483 members have voted

1. 1. I can't wait for the launch of...

• Norwegian Pearl (2006)
    • Carnival Freedom
    • CostaSerena
    • Emerald Princess
    • Royal Princess
    • MSC Orchestra
    • Liberty of the Seas
    • Norwegian Gem
    • Queen Victoria

Next year we'll see seven ship debuts (eight if you count the 680-passenger Royal Princess, which is Swan Hellenic's reconfigured Minerva II built in 2001, and nine with Norwegian Pearl, which will actually start its U.S. run in December 2006). Vote for the one YOU are most looking forward to -- and be sure to post why!

Can't decide? Read about the upcoming ships here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=310

I voted for Royal Princess, although I can't wait to see the NCL newbuilds. The thought of a ship with less than 700 passenger berths is SOOO appealing to me, considering that all the new ships will be monster-sized, and NCL has just announced two new-builds at over 150,000 GRT and nearly 4,000 guests. Ugh!

Jana

Wacky, I came really close. My mouse arrow hovered, moved, hovered, moved, and then of its own volition chose Royal Princess. Queen is 2014 passengers, and I am trying (dammit) to make a point!!!!

:p

Jana

ROYAL PRINCESS. I'm not excited about her, but at least she's a ship I might like to sail in.

The others really don't appeal to me. I guess I should be excited about QUEEN VICTORIA but I'm not... She will be interesting but my attachment to Cunard has to do with Atlantic crossings (she won't do many) and QE2 (she's not QE2).

I chose Cunard's Queen Victoria.

However, the real question raised by her launch is how much she hastens the end of the greatest ship afloat.

It doesn't help that she's not a liner - Cunard can say what they want, she's a cruise ship tarted up.

But I will try and be positive.

I chose Liberty of the Seas, as I am excited to see another Freedom class come out... now if Celebrity's Solstice in 08 was an option, that would be my very first choice as I cannot wait to see that!

Emerald Princess received my vote. Although I am only 17 and have never cruised before (going on many cruises is a personal goal of mine), I've found the Princess ships to be some of the best. I am a person of external appeareance as well as internal.

The Princess ships are the best looking cruise ships from the outside in my opinion. The Emerald Princess will no doubt join my list of the best looking cruise ships out there.

On a side note, I am a firm believer that when it comes to things like vehicles, etc, external apperance matters. I take that as far as waxing my lawn mower and bicycle to keep them shining and clean looking!

Hi Everyone !

I voted for Emerald Princess. She should be a great ship. I really like the two different 10 night Caribbean itineraries she will be doing out of Ft Lauderdale in late 2007. I am sure I will be booking a cruise on her soon :)

You forgot the NCL Gem - a new ship headed to NYC and replacing the Dawn in October 2007. A huge deal for the millions in the northeast.

That said I am currently looking forward to the Pearl since I am booked on the repo from Southampton to Miami in December :)

Still waiting for details on the Gem repo to NYC.

Archived