Has anyone used Sand Dollar Sports?

mcfaddensfarm

I think it's okay to ask this...we're looking at booking an excursion with Sand Dollar Sports and I'd REALLY like to hear from people who have had actual experience with this company.

We are planning to do the Power Snorkel with them, which takes place at Sunset Beach (I've read the info on Sunset Beach and realize it's not a resort area, but an area that Sand Dollar does tours.)

Has anyone done this tour and can you tell me if it was "worth it"? Did you see much by way of fish & other sea life?

Any help that you can give me with this is greatly appreciated!

They are the watersports contract operator for a couple of the cruise lines, but I'm not certain which ones. They do have an exclusive arrangement with their cruise contracts, so if you are sailing on one of those lines, you won't be able to book directly with sand dollar. Contact them directly and they can advise you.

Other than that, all I know is that they are a fairly large operation.

We did snuba with them on Sept. 9, and it was booked through carnival on inspiration. The staff was great, my wife had some reservations about doing it but they took the time and made her comfortable and confident, and they let us stay and snorkel on our own after. The reef is not that great, I guess due to Hurricane Wilma. But if you go bring a couple of bagels off the ship to bring the fish to you it helps a lot.

Archived