NCL cruise.What to do in ports?

dpspa

Going to Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, PV,and Cabo in November. Been reading on this for 4 months and still lost.:confused: What port does the ship dock? What port does ship tender? Most of shore excursion I like have weight limits.:mad: (i'm 6'2"" 265lbs) Don't want to do beach at every port just the best one of all the ports. Which is ???Wife and I Like to walk and just see the sights:) but have no idea how far from dock to town on each port. Lot of excursion seem to spend a lot of time on road with short stops and expensive.

Got lots of info about NCl :) soda card, packingtips, dining, best places to eat on ship , freestyle dining, dress code from this site. Need old reveiws to read might help. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks, this is the best site for learning about cruising. Will tell my friends

Going to Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, PV,and Cabo in November. Been reading on this for 4 months and still lost.:confused: What port does the ship dock? What port does ship tender? Most of shore excursion I like have weight limits.:mad: (i'm 6'2"" 265lbs) Don't want to do beach at every port just the best one of all the ports. Which is ???Wife and I Like to walk and just see the sights:) but have no idea how far from dock to town on each port. Lot of excursion seem to spend a lot of time on road with short stops and expensive.

Got lots of info about NCl :) soda card, packingtips, dining, best places to eat on ship , freestyle dining, dress code from this site. Need old reveiws to read might help. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks, this is the best site for learning about cruising. Will tell my friends

The ship will tender in Cabo (no dock) and it may tender in PV (dock only has room for one large ship). I believe it will dock at all the other ports.

Extensive information on Vallarta can be found at http://www.vallarta-info.com/ . Vallarta is an ideal port for people that like to walk and see the sites. The central tourist district is a $5 taxi ride away. Exit the port property by walking east to the main highway and grab a YELLOW taxi. Taxi rates a regulated by zone and the rate is per cab with up to four people. The white taxis inside the port charge per person and are at a much higher rate.

Enjoy!

I can help you a little bit, but not with everything. What type of excursions do you like?

As MSN mentioned, tender is guaranteed in Cabo, and possible in PV - check the cruise ship schedule to see if yours will be the only ship in town that day.

In Cabo, everything is close - you can walk to everywhere you want to go (or take a very short taxi ride if you don't want to walk), including beaches, restaurants, shops, tour meeting locations, whatever. Most excursions in Cabo, unlike PV, can pick you up at the marina, which is nice. The only tours I know of with weight limits are Horseback Riding and Canopy Tours/Rappelling Tours. You are under the weight limit for the two new canopy tours in PV - La Vista and Rio Cuale. You are over the limit for Los Veranos and El Eden, however. Horseback Riding is probably out, but it never hurts to ask.

In PV, there isn't much right there at the marina, but a short taxi ride will take you to a wonderful walking area - tell the driver to take you to the Malecon.

Most of the excursions don't have much transportation time in these two ports, with the exception of the bus tours to outlying areas. The canopy tours also have a fair ways to go, but only about 30 minutes total. Ship excursions are very expensive, but you can save quite a bit by booking outside the ship. Even with this though, they are still expensive, it's true, but they are fun so people pay.

If you have questions about specific shore excursions, I may be able to help. It is, of course, also fun to explore the towns you visit - don't stop at the cruise ports themselves - make a beeline away from the overpriced stuff all around the marina, and head for the much more fun boardwalk and main square areas of the ports. Some ports you'll have to take a taxi, but it's quick, easy and inexpensive.

I hope this helps at least a little bit! You'll have such a good time!

When doing a search of the forums, make sure to choose the Mexican Riviera forum as the one you want to search. I just searched this forum for Rio Cuale Canopy Tour and found 13 results. Otherwise, similar queries in search engines such as Google or Yahoo will help you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=3786808

I'm sorry, but as a travel industry member of Cruise Critic, I can't refer you to a specific website, only provide you with general information.

Well ... I'm not a member of the travel industry (& normally use a different online tour broker) so I can point you at Johann & Sandra's Vallarta informational web site. http://www.johann-sandra.com/vallarta.htm

From there, you can link to tour information about the Rio Cuale Canopy Tour. This is a relatively new excursion in the Vallarta area and I don't think the "Rio Cuale Canopy Tour" has their own web site yet. If I can find the time in November to give them a try, I'll report back on this board.

Enjoy!

Archived