The last week before you leave on your cruise......

HaliMakai

Are your friends and coworkers ready to kill you because.....

a) You walk around with a big smile and hum the Cocomo song constantly.

b) You click on the RCCL website 6 times a day just to hear the "Get out there" theme.

c) When you are taking a phone call from say vendors, customers or even wrong numbers - you tell them "yes I am going on vacation next week" "yes I am going on a cruise".

d) Every morning you have to inform everyone how many days, hours and minutes until you leave!

f) You sneak on the CC website, oh 10 or 15 times a day just to see if any new reviews or interesting items have been posted.

e) ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE! :D

All of that, except I am on vacation the week before and after the cruise next week. So I am here all day!

a) Not to be picky, but it is Kokomo.

b) Only 6 times a day? I check every hour to make sure my reservation didn't go "poof", as it sometimes does.

c) Are you kidding me? My co-workers were sick of me bragging a year ago when I booked the cruise. I am offically known at work as "Hurricane Stevo" for my September cruises.

d) Gotta' love that countdown clock!!!

e) ("e" does come before "f" - right?), or was that to see if I was paying attention? Yep, I am on constantly. Hey, did I mention I am on vacation already??? - LOL

f) I insist, "f" comes after "e" - where I went to school!

Just did a quick poll - apparently yes, yes they are all sick of me. And that is part of the reason I'm so happy to leave them all behind and go on a cruise!

Hey, KKeeganS! I see you are on the AOS the week after us. We will try not to tear her up for you guys! - Steve

A WEEK before!!!!! Mine are sick of me the moment I get back from one cruise because I usually start talking about my next one! At this time I have two cruises in the near future so they are really SICK of me! I always say send me NOW!!! Get me out there!!:D :D :D

It's funny how the year drags by for me and my co-workers say "You're already going - AGAIN???" Like it was last month or so.

I just finished laughing. I swear, someone must be looking over my shoulder. Just yesterday, someone at work asked how much longer, and I replied to the hour... LOL And I do try and check CC at least 12 times, just to make sure I am up to speed on our roll call. This was way to funny and weird at the same time.

My answer to the OP's question: yes, to all of the above... :)

Dona :)

Oh yeah, they're sick of me!!!

In our staff meeting yesterday, while they were scheduling a conference call for next Wednesday, I may have mentioned that I would be thinking of them while I'm on my sail in St. Thomas.....

Plus I walk around all day looking like this.....:D

Today my employees took me to breakfast because my last day is tomorrow. They made me promise to call them at least every month to do the cruise countdown because it's become such a part of the work place and they know that I will make our next reservation next week on the ship. I sure hope my new coworkers feel that way...I start my new job the day after we come back!

They say that and "how many cruises have you been ON?" As if it's some weird obsession. :D

And some people are mean about it. I work with a doctor who I constantly remind how long until my cruise. I will say "Only one more week until my next cruise" and he will say "Only two more weeks until it's over" Grrr! :mad:

Today my employees took me to breakfast because my last day is tomorrow. They made me promise to call them at least every month to do the cruise countdown because it's become such a part of the work place and they know that I will make our next reservation next week on the ship. I sure hope my new coworkers feel that way...I start my new job the day after we come back!

hersheyl, have fun on the Rhapsody. I had originally booked her and changed to the AOS. I think you did the opposite switch - AOS to Rhapsody. And, good luck in your new job! - Steve.

Because I always have a few cruises booked at one time I spend a unbelievable amount of time on the boards keeping up to speed. Wouldn't want to miss anything ya know! :D

Family and friends often say, "what? another cruise already?" I'm sure that I don't go on any more vacations than they do I just choose to do mine cruising. Whenever I go on a land vacation I can't help but think "I could have gone to the Mexican Riviera, or Alaska, or the Caribbean cruising for what I have spent here!" I'm cruise addicted!!

:)

Yep, they are sick of me! So to correct the problem, I've convinced 7 of them to go with me with November! You think it was bad when it was just me??? Now there are 8 of us chatting about which excursion were going to take, did you see that travel channel cruise show last night, I heard they had a norovirus breakout on the Radiance, do you think it will happen when we are onboard? Did you start to pack yet? Exactly what do I need to wear for formal night..... I actually feel sorry for the rest of the office that isn't going with us!

Yep, they are sick of me! So to correct the problem, I've convinced 7 of them to go with me with November! You think it was bad when it was just me??? Now there are 8 of us chatting about which excursion were going to take, did you see that travel channel cruise show last night, I heard they had a norovirus breakout on the Radiance, do you think it will happen when we are onboard? Did you start to pack yet? Exactly what do I need to wear for formal night..... I actually feel sorry for the rest of the office that isn't going with us!

That is cool! We went with two couples last year, that work with me. It was fun being able to answer all their questions, but I was careful not to over do it. I didn't want to be like the guy sitting next to you at the movies, explaining what was going to happen next.

Are your friends and coworkers ready to kill you because.....

b) You click on the RCCL website 6 times a day just to hear the "Get out there" theme.

Great post, brings back a lot of memories even though it was only 5 months ago. Regarding B, I've taked to downloading the song in mp3 format and trying to figure out how to cut the first part of it and make it into a WAV file so I can use it as a Windows start up sound.:D

I didn't want to be like the guy sitting next to you at the movies, explaining what was going to happen next.

Yes, I've been careful about that, but they are asking me the questions, we are way past me "feeding" them info, so I think we are ok! :) I've also told them I'll make sure everyone gets on the ship and then they are on their own! I don't want to be responsible for their fun! That's their problem. :D

And some people are mean about it. I work with a doctor who I constantly remind how long until my cruise. I will say "Only one more week until my next cruise" and he will say "Only two more weeks until it's over" Grrr! :mad:

Then tell them and the count down begins for the next cruise! Neener....! :p

I will be leaving in 3 days and I keep saying "next week at this time we will be_(fill in the blank)_!" But it is not coworkers who are giving me the looks and rolling their eyes, it's my DH and he's going WITH me! He won't get excited until tommorrow night when he is done with work!

So, at this time next week, I will be sunning myself by the pool!!!

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Sue

You keep checking your flights to make sure they haven’t changed.

You sit in meetings looking like you’re taking notes but are writing your packing list for the 50th time.

You sit and stare at your screensaver on the computer, the one with the palm tree on the island with blue water surrounding it.

You repeatedly retype your Out Of Office message with funny sayings to entertain yourself and waste 20 mins. “Hello, I’ll be out of the office for the next week and a half vacationing with my Cabana Boy…..” “Sorry you missed me, I’m ten feet under water right now, swimming with the fishies in Grand Cayman….” Etc…

You log onto the cruise cam site and look at your ports.

You wear open toed shoes, even when it’s cold, so you don’t mess up your pedicure before leaving.

But it is not coworkers who are giving me the looks and rolling their eyes, it's my DH and he's going WITH me!

So, at this time next week, I will be sunning myself by the pool!!!

LOL Sue, I know the feeling - I've gotten that look before too. Don't worry about telling us here at CC where you're going to be next week - as often as you'd like. We actually *like* hearing about it and want to vicariously pre-cruise with you!

You keep checking your flights to make sure they haven’t changed.

You sit in meetings looking like you’re taking notes but are writing your packing list for the 50th time.

You sit and stare at your screensaver on the computer, the one with the palm tree on the island with blue water surrounding it.

You repeatedly retype your Out Of Office message with funny sayings to entertain yourself and waste 20 mins. “Hello, I’ll be out of the office for the next week and a half vacationing with my Cabana Boy…..” “Sorry you missed me, I’m ten feet under water right now, swimming with the fishies in Grand Cayman….” Etc…

You log onto the cruise cam site and look at your ports.

You wear open toed shoes, even when it’s cold, so you don’t mess up your pedicure before leaving.

For some of us guys:

You mow the yard in only your shorts for the third time this week - to keep the suntan going.

All this while drinking another beer to keep your liver conditioned for the cruise to come.

Keep checking the bank statement to see if I have enough to cover the onboard charges.

Try to fit into the tux you wore last year on the cruise.

Hop on the bicycle for a quick trip around the block - to try to fit in aforementioned tux.

Get that haircut the wife has been pestering you about all Summer.

Force yourself to leave the jeans you wear daily at home - they won't be needed. ....

think I'm crazy. I have the Mariner as my screen saver. Since I do the calendar every month for our office, on the September Calendar I put die cuts of ships, palm trees, luggage, etc. I also wrote in huge letters where I would be everyday while I was gone. I told them I wanted them to be able to keep track of me. The last two days of work I've been singing "Come Sail away, come sail away, come and sail away with me" to them....I have margaritaville as my ringtone and everytime it rings they just shake their heads and laugh..... Yesterday was my last work day so I am officially on VACATION!

Archived