Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Tuscan Inn Fisherman's Wharf San Fran. $85 per night (plus taxes & fees) 4/19-4/22.

To answer Starq1 - The priceline room does not include parking if the hotel charges a fee. $109 isn't bad for a park & stay rate. I stayed there many years ago and it was very close to the pier. Normally I encourage people to use priceline, but in your case, I think you have a good deal when you add the free parking & shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...

we'll be driving from sea & wanted someplace easy to find that had parking & breakfast and of course a clean place to sleep! lol that said

started bid of $50 in downtown ,added downtown entertaiment then airport. all rejected logged out.

on the 3rd attempt with the same stratgey offer was accepted.

cheapest i could find elsewhere was 68.00

thought we were leaving from c.p. but now realize it will be ballantyne. called avis this am & told if we drop off van @ c.p. they will drive us to ballantyne!!!

just love it when a plan comes together!!!

karen

• 4 weeks later...

This is the one I wanted, looking for one night pre-cruise for the 10/04/2007 sailing of the Diamond Princess. My bidding started at $60/night and raised my bid until it was accepted at $65/night. The Crowne Plaza has the added advantage of an Enterprise car rental desk. I'm assuming that if I pick up an Enterprise car at LAX I can drop it right at the hotel.

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $65.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $16.49

Total Charges*: $81.49

well I tried to bid on priceline after reading some great information on this thread :o. We would like to stay at the Hyatt Long Beach April 19 and 20th (cruising out of San Pedro on Diamond Princess April 21/07. I tried Long Beach, then Long Beach plus San Pedro for 4* but was rejected. I will try again tomorrow. This is all a learning experience! Any advice on how to win a bid at this hotel would be appreciated. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

just got 2 nights at crowne plaza san pedro for 70$ plus tax

i believe 160 $ total for the 2

any info on this place ?

is it safe ?

close to shopping ?

ANY GOOD RESTAURANTS?

THANKS

CANNOT WAIT FOR OUR CRUISE ON REGAL PRINCESS

• 2 weeks later...

Renaissance Seattle (mid-June)

a 3 star in downtown area (free ride zone for metro)

attempted $60 (attempting 2 rooms for 2 nights) -- rejected

reattempted at $77 -- SUCCESS!

The hotel's site offered $189.00 per night based on a AAA rate.

when you bid at priceline how do you know if they have parking or not.........can you bid on a cruise and park stay??????????

we will be there in dec 2007 and are having a big time problem finding cheap rates

Help

when you bid at priceline how do you know if they have parking or not.........can you bid on a cruise and park stay??????????

we will be there in dec 2007 and are having a big time problem finding cheap rates

Help

No way to guarantee a cruise parking possibility by using Priceline. You may be able to get more information about the hotels you could win by checking out betterbidding and biddingfortravel. Of coure, if you get the room cheap enough with priceline and the parking option is not offered, it might pay to rent a car to and from home if you're not more than a day's drive away.

just got the Seattle Westin (four star) for $130 for June 7-10. Lowest price on thier website was $325(internet only). We are so excited....had been rejected at this price for the past several weeks.