Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

hiya guys,

I have been trying for 3 separate reservations feb 14-16, feb 28-mar1 and mar 8-10 on priceline resorts. I know i could drop to a 3-star but i DO NOT want the sheraton downtown therefore this star range is OUT.

so far all 4 daily tries per rez have been a NO-GO..bidding max so far has been $165..i will not exceed this until the dates get closer.

hotwire did offer the intercontinental for $264 but i will wait abit longer.

If anyone has success PLEASE POST Thank you

*sweet*

My biggest piece of advice - BE PATIENT! Book a cancellable backup hotel that you can live with. Bid every 7-10 days but not more often. You will only get frustrated. The hotels might not be releasing space to PL and hotwire this early.

John

carbon: for my dates ,,,intercontinental WAS 246 plus tax...NOW its 292 plus tax on hotwire.

not sure what dates nancychgo is talking about but each date varies on prices.

heck i have gotten some RESORT hotels on priceline and hotwire for 65 tax included in the past.

FTI: thanks..i know to make a cancellable hotel and i dont get frustrated but i need my daily fix. One day i'll hit it! Its like a game i NEED to play.

*sweet*

I just can't handle the $2,000.00 bill it will be to stay 4 nights in San Juan in January. We thought we'd give Priceline a try. There will be 3 of us though. Were thinking that maybe it would still work out cheaper to book 2 resort rooms. Anyone have any strategy on this idea? We've stayed at the Intercontinental and love it, wouldn't mind trying some place else. How and when do you ask for the ocean view upgrade?

Got the sheridan for Jan 15-19 2008(tues thru fri night) for 176.00 per night

but one tip a friend fiqured out is if we had asked for a 3 1/2 star for tues to thurs night instead of tues to Fri we could have gotten the Sheridan for 109.00 per night

we then could have booked friday night on it's own for 199.00

We would have saved over 200.00

I think when you put in a friday or Sat night the pricing changes sometimes

Still 176.00 is a good price but next time will try playing with the dates

• 3 weeks later...
I got a $20.00/day for 2 days on priceline for a full size rental car June, 15th with Avis. I am trying to get a hotel for 2 nights I am presently at $60.00 for 2.5 and up. I plan to keep trying raising my bid and keep trying. Has anyone got any great rate for this month?

Date: 6/17/07

Number of nights: 2

Rental car company: Avis

Size: Full

Area: Luis Munoz Marin International Airport

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $20.00/day

Taxes & Service Fees: $9.25/day

GREAT DEAL

Radisson Ambassador 3-star

San Juan

1369 Ashford Avenue

Condado San Juan, Puerto Rico 907

Sat, Oct 27, 2007 / After 02:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Oct 28, 2007 / 12:00 PM

Amenities: Remote control TV w/ premium channels Radio Alarm Clock Business services Telephone w/ voicemail Iron and ironing board Hairdryer 24 hour front desk Restaurant Room service

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $91.00

Subtotal: $91.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $25.12

Total Charges*: $116.12

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I've been trying to get a resort hotel in San Juan for May 17, 2008 and have had no luck so far. I keep reading how people managed to get the Marriott Stellaris for $100 or $110. Someone got that deal for May 10, so I'm wondering if our weekend is just a busy one. I guess I'll keep trying and get a backup hotel, just in case. Thanks!

I'm the one that got the Marriott on the 10th for $110. I can't imagine the 17th would be that much more in demand, but maybe there's a convention or large group in town??? Anyway, I woud keep trying, you may have to go a bit higher, but the Marriott is certainly worth it- Very good and friendly staff!! We are out in Fajardo after our cruise, the weekend of the 17th. Got a great deal on Skyauction for the Wyndham (formerly Westin), Rio Mar for around $120 a night.

I may have pulled the trigger too quickly:confused: , however, I just booked our post cruise stay. Winning bid on Priceline $152/night 2/15-2/18/08 at the Normandie Hotel. Precruise 2/3/08 at the Sheraton Old San Juan for $100 also on Priceline.

Glad to have it out of the way.:(

My wife and I love to dance Salsa. This will place in the middle of the Puerto Rico vs. Cuban Salsa dance mecca. We are very pleased.:cool:

Good Luck Bidding.:o

I have been bidding on the Marriott Stellaris for weeks now with no luck, and I finally got it today for $135 for May 17, 2008! I probably could have gotten it for less, but I guess I was a little too eager and bid $135 right off the bat. Regardless, I'm thrilled to have gotten it for that date, and just wanted to thank everyone here for your advice!:D

I understand that a new renovated hotel the Renaissance La Concha will open Nov 2007 located very close to the Marriott Stellaris. Anyone have any luck with the La Concha property on Priceline?

We have stayed at the Stellaris & liked it, but just curious about the Renaissance.

Thanks.

I have been trying for months to obtain a room on priceline for our four Jan 2008 precruise nights. Because I have been trying so long last night I just threw in some numbers without even using free bids:o and I was successful in getting a room (paying too much) but at least it has a beach :eek: of sorts and a pool.

With taxes we got the room for 157/night. I did have a back up of Hampton at 130/night plus 9% tax (booked Jan 2007) so it looks like we aren't paying much more for a room. I am disappointed because we got Caribe in Jan 2006 for $65 on priceline. This just shows prices are up and Caribe is getting better reviews now and so demand is better. In 2006 it got bad reviews as well. On the positive side we plan on walking over to Caribe and checking out the hammocks:D

Anyone out there who has recently stayed here have anything good to say about the Normandie???