Taxi Fare from MIA Airport to Miami port

mittel

It is VERY easy to take taxis between MIA and the Port of Miami. If I remember correctly, the fare is about $24 plus tip.

Yes, I saw this figure quoted when I searched the board for this same information. Some cruisers had also posted links to shuttle services, but those were ~ $18 per person, I think.

I'm always amazed that we seem to have a fear and distrust of taxis...

MIA to the port - fixed price $24 PER CAB - plus tip. This is posted in the cabs (24 last time I was there anyway)

Shuttles $18 or more per person ....

go figure :rolleyes:

I learned the hard way that to most places in Miami, when two are traveling, taxi is cheaper than the shuttles almost every time....there are fixed prices to the major destinations like South Beach and Coconut Grove

we had 6 ppl in our group. with luggage,the airport guys said we were too big for a car so we had to take a van. we paid around $60-70 one way. very expensive but about the same as the shuttle. so to help w/ your question, i guess you should consider the size of your group.

• 4 months later...

We need to book a shuttle from the Miami port to the Ft Lauderdale airport on Feb 4th. I have heard that it costs $12 per person but cannot find the company that offers this. Please let me know if you know the name of the service so that I can book. Our cruise leaves in 6 days!!!!:eek:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're a family of five cruising on Westerdam in March 2009 (first cruise for all of us). We'd already booked our air using award miles from ORD-FLL on UA to learn this week that they're discontinuing service ORD-FLL. Soooo, I told UA that since I'm a million-kajillion miler that they needed to help us out. Fortunately they rebooked us to/from MIA, even though we're on award tickets (the agent had to get a supervisor to override the system to get us award seats on the last day of Spring Break).

For MIA to FLL, taxi rates are about $77, flat rate, and car rental vans are about $65, but what do Carey & Limoway charge, roughly, for MIA to FLL area hotels and/or the cruiseport, for a group our size?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Oh ... I also recommend SAS Transportation if you are making a trip between FLL and the Port of Miami (they can't pick up at MIA however). I paid $15 to be picked up at my FLL hotel by a shared-ride shuttle and taken to the Port of Miami.

ridesas.com

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any current information regarding the rates? NCL charges $20 pp each way? Thank you!

Don't take the cruise line shuttle. It's a ripoff and you end up sitting on the bus until it fills.

• 5 months later...