Taxi Fare from MIA Airport to Miami port

mittel

• 2 months later...

A lot of hotels near the airport have free shuttles and some even offer free shuttles to the cruise terminal the next day, but all of them are pretty close to the airport (I doubt the ones in Doral area would offer them).

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We use Limo's at all ports except our next one where we are driving. If you shop Limo prices they are very reasonable and not cramped for 4 people plus the trunk steamers luggage. It also will stop by the nearest Liquor store and let you stock up into your luggage while sipping cold one's in the limo. Our last trip in Miami in 2005 was $80 for 4 of us, with a side trip to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and him waiting for us to finish before going to the port next door. Tip of $20 makes an even $100. Not bad for the total convienence of the trip. We used the same company to take us from the port back to MIA. He was waiting for us ahead of all of the cabs lined up.

• 1 month later...
We use Limo's at all ports except our next one where we are driving. If you shop Limo prices they are very reasonable and not cramped for 4 people plus the trunk steamers luggage. It also will stop by the nearest Liquor store and let you stock up into your luggage while sipping cold one's in the limo. Our last trip in Miami in 2005 was $80 for 4 of us, with a side trip to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and him waiting for us to finish before going to the port next door. Tip of $20 makes an even $100. Not bad for the total convienence of the trip. We used the same company to take us from the port back to MIA. He was waiting for us ahead of all of the cabs lined up.

What's the limo company called? If it's still in business, we may change it to save us some $$! We have booked a limo from MIA airport to Cruise Port Hotel but it costs more than what we have expected... it will be just myself and my husband. It's our "late" honeymoon! ;)

Google Miami Limo's. Our last trip out of Miami was 2004. I know the prices have changed since then. They will quote you a fixed rate so call more than one and not the one's with the big flashy ads as they have to pay for those ads. Way less stress than a cab and you get the royal treatment.

Google Miami Limo's. Our last trip out of Miami was 2004. I know the prices have changed since then. They will quote you a fixed rate so call more than one and not the one's with the big flashy ads as they have to pay for those ads. Way less stress than a cab and you get the royal treatment.

Thanks!!! Appreciate it!! :) I have been researching since last October and many of limo services don't cover between Miami and Fort Lauderdale which was odd to me. But good thing that I am still researching even though I already booked with one (just in case - always be safe than be sorry right?)

I believe that it is a set price only from the airport, not surrounding hotels, but I could be wrong.

here is a website that might help....

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami

I would be going from the airport, to a hotel only a mile or two from the POM. I suppose I could always take the cab to the POM and then say "ok, now take me around the corner".

I was asking because some times cabs have a flat rate to "downtown" and I was trying to figure out if this is that sort of deal, or if it is only directly between the two locations.

• 1 year later...
The Port of Miami is right next door to the airport... It takes about 10 or 15 minutes at the most.

Wow this is interesting! The lady from Carnival told me a ride from the Miami airport to the Port is a 40 min ride and we got transfers to go both ways.

You flying into MIA or FLL? It's nowhere near 40 minutes from MIA to the port. But on the other hand 40 minutes from Fort Lauderdale would be a pretty good clip too.

Nothing wrong with the carnival transfers. They're a little pricey but at least you don't have to worry about catching a cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

My flight lands at 11:23 AM and I'm a travel agent trying to pre-board NCL Getaway for a ship inspection prior to sailing (I'm also sailing for the week). I have no luggage except a backpack carryon and I'm going to take a taxi, but does anyone know any short cuts? I"d like to arrive at the port as quickly as possible. . .

My flight lands at 11:23 AM and I'm a travel agent trying to pre-board NCL Getaway for a ship inspection prior to sailing (I'm also sailing for the week). I have no luggage except a backpack carryon and I'm going to take a taxi, but does anyone know any short cuts? I"d like to arrive at the port as quickly as possible. . .

Pray your flight lands early? Also maybe just talk to your cab driver and hope he's accommodating to your needs. I'm sure you will have no trouble getting there quickly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk