OBC for last year's cancellation of Holiday due to Hurricane Katrina

mskita

I was booked for a cruise on the Holiday last year when it was cancelled to be used by FEMA. I just re-booked on Fantasy so I could receive my $100 onboard credit that Carnival offered, which expires at the end of the year. Was anyone else affected by the cancellation of their Holiday, Sensation, or Ecstasy cruise last year? If so, have you already taken your re-booked cruise, in which you actually received your onboard credit?

Yes,we were booked on Holiday in October of last year. We re-booked on Inspiration for the same week, which also sailed during Hurricane Wilma. We received the $100 credit from Holiday and also a $50 credit for changes to the iteniary from Wilma so we started the cruise with $150 OBC. We are booked on Holiday again this year on the October 23rd sailing can't wait:cool:

I was booked for a cruise on the Holiday last year when it was cancelled to be used by FEMA. I just re-booked on Fantasy so I could receive my $100 onboard credit that Carnival offered, which expires at the end of the year. Was anyone else affected by the cancellation of their Holiday, Sensation, or Ecstasy cruise last year? If so, have you already taken your re-booked cruise, in which you actually received your onboard credit?

We were booked on the Elation and was cancelled so that they could use it to replace Ecstacy on 4/5 day cruises from Galveston. We rebooked on Conquest last Jan. and received our OBC on that cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We went on a Sensation cruise last July, 2005, during a hurricane ... can't remember name of it. The ship was not able to go to any of the scheduled ports; so, it was basically a cruise to nowhere for 5 nights....which wasn't so bad. Anyway, the ship's captain gave us letters for 50% off a new cruise to be used within a certain time.....hence, our new cruise on this Dec. 2...yeaaaaaaah!

My family and I were booked on the Sensation out of New Orleans for last May. So with no ships sailing out of New Orleans in May we had to change our booking to the Holiday out of Mobile. We got our 100 obc credit and had quite a few free drinks on Carnival and had a great time. So have a drink on Carnival and enjoy your cruise

Archived