What is your favorite Princess cruise food?

CPCruiser4Life

The two best things I had time to taste on the Princess 7 day cruise:

1. A very light layer cake with an even lighter creme filling- served at the buffet one evening. Have no idea what it was called.... but was one of the most memorable cakes I have tasted (I bake) and this cake was genius for how light and fluffy it was.

2. Eggplant Parmesan or Parmigiana or something like that. Basically this was a baked eggplant in tomato sauce with mozzarella cheese. Fabulous and haven't been able to find anything like it since. If someone knows where I can get a similar recipe or what this consisted of... I'd appreciate the info- I'd like to replicate this one.)

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the seafood buffet, where are crab legs served? I've seen photos from Princess cruisers, but I've only cruised the Caribbean itineararies. Are they an Alaska cruise dish? I've never seen them on a menu...:mad:

• 1 month later...

I'm torturing myself as I'm home with a small case of food poisoning and yet can't help myself. I leave in a week for a cruise on Princess and I'm hungry. How come no one defended the Princess Love Boat? Its not a flourless cake instead its two different kinds of chocolate mouse one more richer in dark chocolate than the other with a dark chocolate crumb crust and it has tart raspberry sauce drizzled over it. Its amazing!! I have it every night along with another dessert too. The escarots are amazing in the brown marsala wine sauce, the garlic are good but the marsala is great. We had crab legs on the menu twice but last December it was only at the buffet which I had missed. There is so many things that I loved I can not name them.

• 1 month later...
1. Fettucine alfredo.

2. Fettucine alfredo.

3. Fettucine alfredo with shrimp.

4. Peaches stuffed with marzipan

5. Fettucine alfredo.

I'm going to have to agree with the Fettucine Alfredo.. I haven't been on a Princess Cruise in a few years and honestly it's one of the things I am most looking foward to on my upcoming cruise! How can anyone say no to pasta in a parmesan bowl?!?! :eek:

Also I really enjoyed the chicken kiev.. mmmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone has already pretty much said, the Souffles are awesome, I love getting fettuccine Alfredo as an appetizer. I heard the chocolate covered strawberries are delicious (extra charge). The lobster is quite tasty, I love that they serve rice as a breakfast option in the buffet. I always order the creme brulee! Their ice cream always tastes great. I enjoy pretty much everything on the menu, I think that their menu is great and their food ALMOST always tastes good.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from the Panama canal on Island Princess and had some great food! Chef's table was biggest highlight with too much to mention including a spun sugar bowl dessert in red with a homemade semi-fredo in it (ice cream) (it was Valentine's Day) AWESOME and worth it--even at $75.pp. Rack of lamb was so good we had to have 2 portions that night. Homemade Croissants EVERY morning! Veal chop at Sabatini's! Seafood Gumbo at Bayou Cafe (along with THE BEST FILET, and--surpise--incredible succotash (I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't had it, but when we did we had to have MORE!) And the Gourmandieses (little Italian cookies) that were served occasionally, were absolutely WONDERFUL! Especially the little almond cookies. Anybody who knows of recipes for these wonderful little cookies, please share them. They are THE BEST!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived