No Video Arcade on Liberty of the Seas?

sea-escape

It seems that there will not be an arcade on this ship. The Freedom of the Seas has one and I was wondering why this sister ship will not.

We just booked 8/25/07 sailing. It will be our first time on RCCL. Although there will be so much to do onboard, I know my son will be disappointed.

I wonder why?

Liz

I am going on the Pre-Inaugural of the Liberty when it is in Southampton in April next year....and I will put this on my list for things to check out and report back on :D

I dont think though that RCCI would do away with the Video Arcade....what would they use all that area for I wonder if they did.

It seems that there will not be an arcade on this ship. The Freedom of the Seas has one and I was wondering why this sister ship will not.

We just booked 8/25/07 sailing. It will be our first time on RCCL. Although there will be so much to do onboard, I know my son will be disappointed.

I wonder why?

Liz

Perhaps you would like to share with us the source of your information on this matter. It is the first time that most of us have heard such a report and is difficult to believe without credible confirmation.

I am going on the Pre-Inaugural of the Liberty when it is in Southampton in April next year....and I will put this on my list for things to check out and report back on :D

I dont think though that RCCI would do away with the Video Arcade....what would they use all that area for I wonder if they did.

How did you get to go on the Pre-inaugral how excitingfor you.

I have serious doubts about this claim and will wait for confirmation of the claim before accepting it. I can think of any number of things that might be eliminated from the Liberty (boxing ring, anyone?) before they remove the video arcade.:)

I saw it on *****.com website. Click on Cruise Ships and Reviews, go to Liberty of the Seas and look under "Services & Amenities". It clearly states NO Video Arcade.

We went on the Caribbean Princess Inaugural 2 years ago and they also had no arcade. Any other Princess Cruise we've been on had one. We were surprised.

Maybe its wrong. I hope so.

Enjoy the pre-inaugural!!! Please let us know.

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks for the info! That is good news! Next time I will go straight to the source for my info. This afternoon I had difficulty getting onto RCCL's website.

Like I said, Princess did away with the arcade on their 2 newest ships and I thought it was a trend.

I know kids can spend alot in there. Can't you take the charging ability off of kids sign & sail cards? I'd rather prepay an amount and let them budget their money.

On the Disney Magic (I believe) at certain times the arcade games were free for the kids. I guess its a good way for them to get hooked!

thanks, again

liz

Another boxing ring ?:D

The arcade is a cash cow for sure.....parents be careful with older kids who slip in the seapass and don't realize how much they are spending.

Just wondering since I'm an empty nester, but is their a reasonable ability for parents to set limits?

Archived