Anyone ever stayed here before?

bubbles1209

I did a search and found this among the threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=397175&highlight=Grande

There were a lot of threads that came up when I did the search. I picked the one that said "review" in the title, so I didn't have to do a lot of reading. You might want to try doing a search if no one else posts re your questions.

I was concerned about the Grande after reading the reviews, so I called the hotel. We had gotten a review of $69 a night and had three rooms booked. They are doing a total renovation of the tower, so it was not available, but the manager said he would put us in the East Villas. The rooms were clean, nothing fancy, but comfortable. There was new bedding that was great. The pool area was very nice and there is a free shuttle to the port. I would stay there again.

I was concerned about the Grande after reading the reviews, so I called the hotel. We had gotten a review of $69 a night and had three rooms booked. They are doing a total renovation of the tower, so it was not available, but the manager said he would put us in the East Villas. The rooms were clean, nothing fancy, but comfortable. There was new bedding that was great. The pool area was very nice and there is a free shuttle to the port. I would stay there again.
Thanks kruiser:) Were you able to see the ships from your window? I was concerned about this hotel after reading the reviews. Now I'm starting to feel a little better.

Our balcony overlooked the pool area and I think the ones across the hall overlooked the marina. The tower may be the only rooms you can see the ships from. However, all you have to do is go out the front door of the hotel and the port is right across the street. One of the Princess ships was right there. The Enchantment and a Carnival ship were just a little farther down. You can also walk to places to eat (several long blocks) and there is a Walgreen's right across the street.

Archived