The Infamous Ship on a Stick

Hawaii697

Five total between DH and me, all for trivia - three from Legend, one from Conquest, one from Victory. Also four medallions - one of those went to middle son from Camp Carnival on Conquest for "worst sunburn" - he forgot to put sunscreen on his shoulders when we were at Paradise Beach in Cozumel.:eek:

I won one on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" while on the Triumph!

That reminded me of a guy on the Sensation who flew through that game without using any life lines. We were all in awe! On the Million Dollar question, he answered it BEFORE the choices were given. (some question about collecting postage stamps.. or post cards or something like that)

He was amazing.

I've never won a ship on a stick, but I did win the lucky losers draw and got a bottle of champagne for it. I also won $750 at bingo on the same cruise. :) Maybe I'll try for a ship on a stick sometime, if I can find something I'd be willing to participate in.

OT - gr81 - are you from Red Wing, MN? Just curious.

I got a ship on a stick for singing in the talent show on the Legend this year. My sister has 2, one for singing in the talent show on the Glory & 1 for singing int he Legends show on the Legend. When my sister sang on the Glory last year, the first talent show person was handed a certificate & a medal on a ribbon. She says to the CD, "What's this? I want a ship on a stick!" He said OK! They introduced the next act & after they gave that person their certificate & ship on a stick, the called the 1st person back & gave her one too! :D

My BF's mom won the chance for a free cruise form the names they pick from the surveys you turn in on your last day. When they called her name & she went down to the purser's office to pick up her certificate saying her name would be put in another drawing for at the end of the month for a free cruise, she said, "Don't I get a ship on a stick?". They said "wait right here," & went & got her one!

Sha

I should have gotten one back in 93 for the skeet shooting on the Celebration as I got 19 out of 20...the top score, but at that time you had to get all 20 to get the trophy :(

I miss the skeet shooting

I agree ... you were robbed!! I think you should go on the Celebration again and get that ship on a stick!!

I sail on the Legend in 6 days and I would love to win one...but my DH isn't much for playing the games...maybe I can talk him in to trying to win one for me. :)

Unless you are just referring to the hairy chest contest - you need to win one for YOURSELF, or it's just not the same! :p

Sha

hubby and i each got on for the Amazing Race on our HM trip on the Pride!! I talked our tablemates into racing with us on the last sea day and our team won!! we each got a ship on a stick!!! i wanted one SO SO SO SO BAD and now we have 2 sitting on our shelf in our living room!!!!! :D

hubby and i each got on for the Amazing Race on our HM trip on the Pride!! I talked our tablemates into racing with us on the last sea day and our team won!! we each got a ship on a stick!!! i wanted one SO SO SO SO BAD and now we have 2 sitting on our shelf in our living room!!!!! :D

this is Jhawk's DW - KsTwo728!!! I am on his laptop and didn't even think to look if I was logged in as myself!!! sorry hubby!!!! :eek:

I guess no one wants to admit to winning the hair chest contest? I'll step up and admit it! :eek:

Of course I had a little help from my two kids and all there friends the meet on the ship in the audience that cheered me on!

I came in second:(

We won the Family scavenger hunt and I won the 80's trivia.

There was a guy sitting next to us in the showroom one night, and he was alone. We got to talking, and enjoyed the conversation. He was in the talent show and was fantastic. He played piano and sang like Elton John. When he sat down, he gave my son his ship on a stick. It sits proudly with the others in our bedroom!

Archived