Cabin 7176 on the Jewel of the Seas

Sorry, I stayed midship on the Jewel and would always prefer to stay midship. In the front and back the motion is a little more than in the middle. It´s simpy a matter of physics. At calm seas you´ll be fine in the aft section too, but if it gets rougher you´ll have more motion there than in the middle.

We had a day with little more motion on my cruise on the Jewel and my Mom is gettin seasick very easily. We went for breakfast up to the Windjammer which is in the back too. She didn´t felt very comfortable and so we took our breakfast down to the cabin which was fine to her.

It is recommended that those that get seasick stay on the lower decks midship. Aft is better then forward but if you get seasick easily not sure I'd want an aft. Also depends on the time of year your sailing and how the seas are. Good luck

We stayed in the same cabin on the Brilliance. I noticed very little motion. It is very roomy for 2 people. And the balcony is huge! We loved it and booked the cabin right next door for another cruise in April 05. Our room was booked, so we took the twin next door. If you have rough seas, it won't matter where you are, you will feel the motion. It's a ship and it moves. Take some Bonine or meclazine (sp?) if you tend to get motion sickness.

39August,

thank you for your input. We were on the Mariner in May in a grand suite 1598 and felt nothing. It was great. We are going on her again in Sept and are starboard. We are booked in 7176 for Feb on the Jewel. Few cabins were left when we booked, but the RCL representative said that these cabins are great giving you a bigger balcony. We took her word and hoped to hear from some one who cruised in that part of the ship. We'll hope for smooth waters.

• 3 years later...
has anyone stayed in this cabin? I get sea sick easily and was told not to worry about it on the back of the ship. 7176 has a full view out the back. Can anyone comment on the room?

I stayed in 9260, exact room two decks up. Fantastic room, huge balcony, though I would hesitate to take it if I was prone to sea sickness. Think of a see saw and how the ends move up and down while the middle stays the same. The theory is the same with a ship and the lower and closer to the middle you are the more stable.

Archived