What to expect (?) JS 1694 Exporer

JF4300

We just booked Jr. Suite 1694 for our Explorer cruise on 23 Dec 2007. Never had an aft cabin before and the RCI agent seemed very pleased and excited he was able to get this cabin for us.

Can anyone tell me the advantages to an aft JS on the Explorer?

He mentioned a bigger balcony? How much bigger could it be?

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks

I had 1394 on the Voyager and the balcony was 12 x12. We had two lounge chairs, and a table with two chairs and still had plenty of room. The cabin did get hot during the day even though not a lot of sun actually made it to the balcony. There was not a lot of passenger traffic, the balcony did not have any soot, and we did not hear the engine. If I could afford this cabin again, I would jump at it.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/346180790/2025920990069756907LGyBhm

You may feel more motion in the rear of the ship--same goes with the extreme forward section. It's more of an "erratic" type of movement--not as soothing as the motion of the ocean near the center of the ship. However, if seas are rough--you will feel it everywhere!

We have had 1394 twice and would take it again in a heartbeat! Did not feel any extra movement, no soot on our chairs on the balcony and the room stayed at a comfortable temperature. You will love this cabin, the balcony is oversized, the room is large, but the sofa bed is awful, ask for a pad first thing from your room steward. Have a great time, she is a beautiful ship. Laura

Archived