Fare Drop! Caribbean Princess 4/8/07 Sailing

hightownCO

Just saw on Princess.com and on another internet ta site that per per on all mini-suite categories is 1199! Per person on all balcony categories is 999.

Just thought I post this here in case others are on this sailing or considering it.

Have call into my on-line t/a to see what they can do for me!

Good luck everyone!

After reading your post, I checked the Princess site for price drops. Sure enough...balconies are now listed at 899 instead of the 1055 that we paid for a March cruise on CB. I e-mailed my TA after I read that and asked her to check it out for me. I haven't paid the final fare yet...so...I'm wondering if we will be able to benefit from this drop in price....either with an adjustment in the price or even a shipboard credit. I'll take either.

Well, after spotting the drop, I haven't been able to get ahold of my on-line agent. Called and sent e mail before I posted this and she didn't call back. She wasn't working Saturday and their 'customer service' wasn't either. Hopefully the price drop will still be there tomorrow and I can get this settled. Xing my fingers!

Mortysmama, I think you'll be able to get the price drop or you can choose to upgrade. As you are before final pay, shouldl be no problem. The two other families on our rollcall had their cabins upgraded.

Must be discount season. I recently discovered a fare drop for Crown Princess sailing 4/14/07. We were booked through an online agency that we've used previously. I was able to get the discount of $250 per person. Considering there are four in our group, that's a nice savings. :)

I am also on the 4/14/07 sailing of the crown and our AB Mini-Suite price did not drop. I check almost everyday so hopefully the price will go down. I did see that the balcony cabin prices dropped quite a bit!

I just got an advertising e-mail from Princess about cruising in general. I noticed that the price for a balcony was $899.00 as oposed to the $1055.00 that I paid for a bb. The difference is that the lower price was for a BG (a guarantee) which I can't accept since the location is important. We have rooms next to each other and for sure that would not happen if I rebooked with a Bg. I had notified my TA over the weekend about the price drop and I haven't heard from her so I'm just guessing that the price drop will not apply to me. That's ok....I'm happy with what I have.

Happy cruising!

I just got an advertising e-mail from Princess about cruising in general. I noticed that the price for a balcony was $899.00 as oposed to the $1055.00 that I paid for a bb. The difference is that the lower price was for a BG (a guarantee) which I can't accept since the location is important. We have rooms next to each other and for sure that would not happen if I rebooked with a Bg. I had notified my TA over the weekend about the price drop and I haven't heard from her so I'm just guessing that the price drop will not apply to me. That's ok....I'm happy with what I have.

Happy cruising!

It will apply to you since it did to me. Thats why I made the thread this weekend about it. If you log in and are a past Princess cruiser, you will get it for the 899. Give that agent a call again! We were able to trade our minisuite for side by side caribe balcony cabins and still save several hundred bucks.

Prices also dropped for the 4/14/07 Star sailing. I called up princess today and within 2 minutes, I had the new lower price. We are booked in an AD mini (E728), she did ask me if I was interested in an upgrade. The rep said I could get a Higher Cat Cabin for a lower price. It was very tempting, but decided to hang on to this cabin that I've read so much about here. I'm so thankful for the info on this board, or I would never have known to call and ask for the price reduction! :)

The fares also went down for the Feb 4 sailing of CB. I was able to upgrade from a obstructed oceanview to a Caribe balcony for only $50 more per person. Why not? I will certainly get $50 worth of enjoyment from having a balcony! Yep, went from a FF to a BB.

Well, I started this thread on Friday when I saw the drop and it's taken till this afternoon to get my booking changed!

Never did get to talk to my on-line ta but left several phone messages and e mails. Checked my personalizer this afternoon at work and my cabin number had changed. Got the new invoice and pricing is better by more than I thought it would be!

Am a happy, happy cruiser to be in a AA mini-suite for this price!

Now if it were just closer to sailing!!!!

Does anyone know if I might get a discount if I used a big online TA? Like Cruisedotcom? I have not made final payment yet so I emailed them today but have not heard back. I have not previously cruised with Princess, so I don't know if the fare drops would even apply to us.

Susan, there are lots of folks with more experience than me. However, on this cruise, I went to *****.com and put in what ship,sailing, and cabin levels I was interested in. You'll get notified of bids from various on line agencies. I went with one of those agencies--one that is listed in the Cruisecritic list of agencies.

From reading on line and what I've experienced, these agents may be able to beat brick and mortar T/A and the Princess web site cost. They apparently get blocks of cabins from princess at discount rates or book as groups and pass those savings on.

There are down sides in that 1. it's not like a local agent that you can walk into--you are dealing with e mail or phone contact only at their schedule. 2.you need to be careful to read all the fine print as there may be cancellation fees or change fees applied to any changes you may make, 3. these agents are nice and helpful but they may not want to invest the time to really hold your hand and advise you. you need to know what you want. Their profit margin is fairly small.

All that said, I've been very happy with mine and very happy with the price!

Sharon

I emailed my online TA yesterday, and was too impatient to wait for an answer so I called them this morning.

I saved $599 by calling!

Sorry for yelling! That will pay for our passports for the whole family! I am so excited!

Thanks for all the info everyone here shares!

I emailed my online TA yesterday, and was too impatient to wait for an answer so I called them this morning.

I saved $599 by calling!

Sorry for yelling! That will pay for our passports for the whole family! I am so excited!

Thanks for all the info everyone here shares!

Was everyone who recieved the price drop a past Princess Cruiser? Just wondering so I can call my TA.

No, I have never cruised Princess before. If you look at the big on line T/A (t-city, xped,ya...) they all have the categories priced at one price-any grade in balcony same, any ov same price, any mini same price) at least on the cruise we're booked on and imagine others that dropped their prices too.

So if the sailing your booked on or looking at has dropped, you should be able to get the savings.

Archived