Godfrey's tour and beach time

Kaytroy97

We are thinking about booking with Godfrey but has some questions????

We want to do the tour 2 which is the 1-3 hours of shopping and then leave for Coki beach at 12.

1. Is 3 hours enough time at the beach? Thinking maybe Coral world too.

2. Is the beach really crowded by the time Godfrey drops you off after shopping in the morning?

3. Or is it best to go straight to the beach from port?

4. What is the weather like mid-November? Is the water too cold mid-morning?

Thanks!!!:)

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Nice, pretty darn warm, water not cold.

St. Thomas

St. Thomas is a major shopping destination. A large number of passengers bought digital cameras at this stop. We privately arranged for an island tour with Godfrey's Tour, now $25 per person (plus tip). He picked us up at the ship at 10:00 am and dropped us off downtown. At noon he picked us up for a 2-hour island tour and dropped us off at Coki beach (no beach charge) from 2pm to 4pm. We would have preferred Meagan's Bay ($3 per person), but the majority of our tour mates brought their snorkel gear and were set on Coki Beach with the clearer water and more abundant fish. The downside of Coki is that it is a small, crowded, relatively unattractive stretch of sand maybe 25% as long as the considerably less crowded, more picturesque, Meagan's Bay. $20 will get you 2 beach lounge chairs (unpadded) and a very large umbrella at Coki Beach.

Secrets Of The Caribbean

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

Unless it's changed since last year, it's 2 hours at the beach, 2 hour guided tour and 2 hours shopping.

And yes, for us, the 2 hours was enough time, considering we wanted to do and see the other things just as much.

We went to Sapphire Beach and it wasn't crowded.

I really enjoyed Godfrey's tour. One of the reasons we enjoy travelling is to actually see the islands we visit, so I wouldn't have missed it. I don't know that I'd personally just head for the beach.

We went in May, so I can't help you out on the temps, sorry.

Godfrey's Tour was perfect for us! Also, the flexibility of pick up time for shopping was outstanding since neither of us like to shop. We chose the 11am pick up so we'd have just about 30-45 minutes for a couple of shirts. 2 hours of beach time after the island tour is really perfect considering all the Caribbean Sun you'll be getting all week long. On our particular cruise, I should have stayed on the beach longer since it rained quite often, but that's not the norm at all.

You won't be sorry with a Godfrey Tour and he's such a friendly man! :)

I thought I put tour 2 in there had to double check myself!!

I too would like a tour of the island but I also have a 3yo and a 7yo and there is no way my 3yo will enjoy a 2 hour tour. More beach time is what she would love. She actually can swim!!

We live in Oregon so a week long trip to a sunny beach is what we are looking forward too!! Ever been to Oregon's beach??? Not great!!!:p

Thanks for help everyone I think we will book Godfrey. Since we are on Princess does that affect the pick up since from what I understand we port at Crown Haven?

I'm not familiar with 'Crown Haven', but on our tour Godfrey went way out of the way to please. It seemed as if he would do anything possible.

Instead of the beach time, we opted to spend only fifteen minutes at Coki for pictures, and then he took us back downtown for more shopping.

After he picked up the group that stayed at the beach, he made a swing back downtown to pick up our group of six and delivered us all back to the ship, right on time.

I have just a quick question to ask about Godfrey's tours...

We are travelling on the Sun Princess next Feb. 28 and I am definitely interested in taking this tour with Godfrey. I will be travelling with Husband and 2 daughters. If we wanted to take the tour that allows us to go to Coral World after shopping and sightseeing, is there an extra charge for Coral World and do you remember what it was. Just trying to figure out the budget amount and want to keep the expenses in check.

Thanks for you info. It was very helpful.

Dolores

We are travelling on the Sun Princess next Feb. 28 and I am definitely interested in taking this tour with Godfrey. I will be travelling with Husband and 2 daughters. If we wanted to take the tour that allows us to go to Coral World after shopping and sightseeing, is there an extra charge for Coral World and do you remember what it was. Just trying to figure out the budget amount and want to keep the expenses in check.

godfreys tour-- www.godfreytoursvi.com to get into coral world there is a seperate charge. http://www.coralworld.com/cwvi/

Coral World

$18 Adults, $9 Children (3-12 years), $52 Family (2 adults and up to 4 children)

there arecoupons on the net somewhere but i am not finding them at this time. They were for 3 or 5.00 off

I have a quick question:

If Godfrey's Tour One let's us off at Coki Beach for the two hour beach time, is that enough time to go through Coral World? If so, is Coral World right on the beach or is there a bit of a walk or will he drop you off at the door? :confused:

I'd rather do Coral World since we get more than enough time to lay about in the sun here in Arizona. :)

Thanks!

Please correct me if I am wrong on my interpretation of Godfrey's tour.

From his web site it looks like he offers a tour that does these 3 things:

1) Some amount of time visiting various site like the castle, the mountain top etc

plus,

2) Some amount of time for shopping (depending on when he picks you up)

plus,

3) Some amount of time swimming at a beach of your choice (Coki or Megan or Sapphire).

Is all of this true? It appears that he offers a pick up at 9am and if so, how much time is spent at each of the 3 "items" - sightseeing tour + shop + beach??? ). When return to the ship?

Thanks

-- Daryle

Is all of this true? It appears that he offers a pick up at 9am and if so, how much time is spent at each of the 3 "items" - sightseeing tour + shop + beach??? ). When return to the ship?

Thanks

-- Daryle

if you get picked up at 9am you get three hours of shopping.

He has pick up times at 9, 10 or 11 am.. depending onhow much time you want to shop. Island tour is always at noon for 2 hours of touring. then 2 hours at the beach.

you will be back at the ship before 4:30

Archived