$40?

bubbles1209

I had some customers come into work today that booked a cruise that sails in 2 weeks for :eek: $40pp:eek: Of course that's not including the port charges, but then they were upgraded to an OV from an interior for I think they said $40 more pp! :eek: The port charges were $200 pp, and of course the taxes, but at either rate, they paid less than $600 for 2 with an ov room:eek: Did anyone else see this sale going on last night on CCL's website?

Wow! What a bargain. I didn't know port charges were that much - I thought they tend to be less than $50 pp. Not entirely sure though. Also, I thought "upgrades" were free - based on availability and so forth.

In any event, how exciting for them that they have less than 2 weeks to go for their cruise! :D

Wow! What a bargain. I didn't know port charges were that much - I thought they tend to be less than $50 pp. Not entirely sure though. Also, I thought "upgrades" were free - based on availability and so forth.

In any event, how exciting for them that they have less than 2 weeks to go for their cruise! :D

I'm not really sure what all that $200 entailed, but they sure were happy, and who can blame 'em? Why couldn't I have been surfing CCL's site when all that was going on?:confused: They said that they had a hard time getting to the site for over an hour, but finally caught it, and was able to book it, then spent some time on the phone trying to get through to make double sure about all of the details. Guess we'll just have to keep waiting until Feb for Liberty;)

I just booked a 4 day to Nassau/freeport for 581.00 total for 2 with a 3. cat. upgrde.2 people w/a 50.00 rebate to credit card at end of cruise.inc. port and taxes. Could no pass it up. Did same cruise in May foe 844.00.
where are you guys from? Airfare not included I take it? Get any good deals on it, or are you driving? Also, when is this particular cruise? Which ship? Seems like I always miss the good stuff, lol

where are you guys from? Airfare not included I take it? Get any good deals on it, or are you driving? Also, when is this particular cruise? Which ship? Seems like I always miss the good stuff, lol

For us we are located in a great spot. 1.75 hours to the port of Mobile and about the same to the Port of New Orleans.

Dave

I don't know what site they purchased that from because on the Carnival site the prices quoted always include port charges right????!!!

Anyway, we are going on the inspiration the 30th of September 5 night 6 day cruise and we got it for the military rate of $149 pp it was such a great deal we immediatly booked it! I have never seen (even military rate) of $40pp.

That is awesome......they should really enjoy it!!!!

Did they say how long the cruise was? For a 4 or 5 nighter, it's a pretty good price.

Some samples of sailings coming up in the next couple of weeks (prices are total for 2 people with port fees and taxes included):

• Majesty OTS - 4 night Bahamas - Inside $422.82
  • Carnival Fascination - 4 Night Western Caribbean - Inside $445.38
  • Carnival Holiday - 5 Night Gulf of Mexico - Inside $505.78

Now, if its a 7 nighter, they have really scored a bargain.:)

Charlie

I'ts for 4 nights on the Elation from Pt. Canaverial with a full 24 hrs in Nassau. I did the Sensation last time and wanted to try a new ship. 5 days is about all I can get off from work at this point.We we're going to go to Vegas for New Years but the flights are so expensive we (another couple is going with us) deceided to do this instead. We are over 55 by just a little so we did get a senior rate plus I don't know if we got a Fl. residents rate for this cruise.

• Carnival Holiday - 5 Night Gulf of Mexico - Inside $505.78

Charlie

Charlie,

Our Sept 11th 5-day cruise on the Holiday was $460 for a 6C. My Sept 30th 5-day is $511 for a 5A. I just booked the Oct 23rd 5-day for $484 for a 4C.

At these prices, I could not pass it up.

Dave

With in the last week, there has been alot of sales, I just got this one from Carnival today:

Remember, this special sale event is for one day only.

Be sure to book your cruise Thursday.

This Thursday, September 28th, is the day you stop dreaming about your Carnival cruise and do something about it. For one day only, you’ll receive exceptional savings and FREE upgrades when you book virtually any cruise sailing between now and December 15, 2007.

3 AND 4 Day cruises from 229.00 plus 1 free upgrade

5 day, 289.00 plus 1 free upgrade

7 day, 429.00 plus 1 free upgrade

8 day, 599.00 plus 1 free upgrade.

Fred

Charlie,

Our Sept 11th 5-day cruise on the Holiday was $460 for a 6C. My Sept 30th 5-day is $511 for a 5A. I just booked the Oct 23rd 5-day for $484 for a 4C.

At these prices, I could not pass it up.

Dave

Dave,

No doubt that those are great prices. We have to take 7 nights or longer since the air fare really drives up the total cost. For some (maybe most) of the cruises mentioned in this thread the air would be more than the cruise:rolleyes:

Did you get the military discount on yours? That was the one thing that really helped us with our upcoming cruises.

Charlie

I don't know what site they purchased that from because on the Carnival site the prices quoted always include port charges right????!!!

It kind of sounds like it was purchased on Sky Auctions. I've been watching Sky Auctions for a while and by the time you add the upgrade charge and the $200 port & service fee the price isn't much different that what we get with our Interline discount. We just booked an Elation 5-day (thru Carnival) for Feb 3rd and the port charges were 46.03 per person.

[

It kind of sounds like it was purchased on Sky Auctions. I've been watching Sky Auctions for a while and by the time you add the upgrade charge and the $200 port & service fee the price isn't much different that what we get with our Interline discount. We just booked an Elation 5-day (thru Carnival) for Feb 3rd and the port charges were 46.03 per person.

Skyauction is rarely a bargain with their additional fees, no refunds, no choice of cabins, no customer service. I got far better deal with interline/military rates. For $149pp - 5nt + ~$45 tax, it was less than $40pp per night total! Even with tips less than $100per couple per night. Hard to see how they can even pay for food at that price. I know if we went out for 3+ meals a day we'd spend more than that at home. But I guess their crews wouldn't be very happy if they didn't fill the ships, since their livelyhoods are so dependent on tips. I wonder how much of the $149 goes for actual port charges, really doesn't leave much to pay for food, fuel, etc...

It would be nice if OP would post some details like how many nights and location. I'm not sure if 40 + all those other costs is a good deal or not - 7nt yes - 3nt/1nt NO....

I just book directly through Carnival everytime.........we get the military rate so my VP emails me all the time with any military deals. Again , we leave Sept 30 on the Inspiration 5 night 6 day for $387.60 for 2, includes free upgrade. that is total, tickets portcharges and taxes. that is the best deal we have gotten thus far. Looking for more great ones in the future!! We have done the 3 night 4 day for $129pp last year. but this one was incredible since it was 5 nights, couldn't pass it up!:D :D

Sounds like they just had the total price manipulated to make it seem like they were getting a great deal, price was about the same as our 5 day Imagination cruise, I guess I could say it was $20/per person then an additional $269/per person in taxes, port charges and other "fees":)

...but if they felt they had a great deal, that is what counts!

I just book directly through Carnival everytime.........we get the military rate so my VP emails me all the time with any military deals. Again , we leave Sept 30 on the Inspiration 5 night 6 day for $387.60 for 2, includes free upgrade. that is total, tickets portcharges and taxes. that is the best deal we have gotten thus far. Looking for more great ones in the future!! We have done the 3 night 4 day for $129pp last year. but this one was incredible since it was 5 nights, couldn't pass it up!:D :D

No wonder you get such great deals -- you regularly exchange emails with a Carnival VP! :) And I suppose it's your Personal VP at that! :D

Sounds like they just had the total price manipulated to make it seem like they were getting a great deal, price was about the same as our 5 day Imagination cruise, I guess I could say it was $20/per person then an additional $269/per person in taxes, port charges and other "fees":)

...but if they felt they had a great deal, that is what counts!

LOL - I guess our cruise was FREE with a $149 port charge + ~$45tax/fee... 5nights and 3ports! If the port charge is more than $149, I suppose they're paying us to go on the Fantasy. We got a nice midship inside cabin reserved to hopefully minimize our seasick tendencies. Five more days - thank you Carnival!

Archived