Help: Sabatini's Vs. Crown Grill

Tweets

Hi Folks,

For those of you who have tried both Sabatini's and Crown Grill (on the Crown Princess)-which one would you recommend if you could only go to one?

Also, would I be able to have as many items off of each course as I want or do you just get one selection from each course. :)

Thanks

We tried both the Crown Grill and Sabatini's on the 8/16 sailing. Each has it's particular appeal. In Sabatini's the only thing you order is the entree. They offer you a tasting of every appetizer and soup. There is also a dessert sampler available. In the Crown Grill I thought the lobster was exceptional and the steak wasn't. I thought the meat was just good supermarket quality. In the Crown Grill you can also have as much of anything on the menu as you wish. Generally they will bring out all of the offered sides for tasting. They also have a really good dessert sampler. So to answer your first question. If you crave excellent lobster then choose Crown Grill. If you want a really good Italian dining experience, go to Sabatini's.

Charlie

We were on the 9/03/06 Crown sailing and treated ourselves to a meal at each. For my husband, a real "meat and potatoes" guy it would be an easy choice. He would say "Crown Grill" and tell you how great the steak was. I agree with him. I would also say the crab cake appetizer was wonderful. However I love italian food and the many many courses at Sabatini's were wonderful, so many different tastes, especially the seafood soup and cafe creme brulee for dessert. Yes you could have more courses if you could eat any more. If you plan to do that I would skip lunch that day. If I was really pushed I guess I would say Crown Grill since DH would love to go there again.

Sabatinis hands down - we were on the 9/12 Crown. Had bad service and really bad food in the Crown Grill - both filets were tasteless and a little tough, brazilian lobster was completely amonia (ie. bad) - that was sent back. Woman next to us also had the lobster and we overheard her say that it didn't taste right.

Sabatinis was so enjoyable the first time that we went back again. Sebastian from Romania was incredible. We're on his email buddy list now and he even hugged us when we left!

Not that I cared about it, but I found it funny that Sabatinis was a $20 surcharge compared to $25 for the Crown Grill (plus $9 more for lobster). It should be the reverse in my opinion.

I was on the 8/25 Crown and we loved them both, but I would vote for the Crown Grill if I could only do one. We had a wonderful meal there, my DH is a big steak fan and he was very pleased with his porterhouse, DD and I both had the filet and it was wonderful. The appetizers were more elaborate than anything else on the ship -- the lobster cake and the shrimp bisque were out of the this world, and we added yet another course of the two clam and/or mussel entrees before our main courses -- just fabulous. Yes, you can order as much as you want .Sabatini's was very good but you can get that on any of the Princess ships. Crown Grill is much more elaborate than the Sterling's Steak House that most of the ships offer.

We went to the Crown Grill the last night and it was fantastic. We had the lobster, bass with prawns and one had steak. The appetizer salads were delicious, the entrees were delicious and the dessert chocolate molten cake was out of this world. :)

Also the service was really wonderful.

We did not try Sabatini's but the table behind us was telling the water how horrible it was and the waiter said he had heard that a few times on this sailing. But I didn't go myself so I can't really say unfortunately.

I thought the Crown Grill was definitely worth the charge and would do it again.

It is absolutely beyond my comprehension that anyone would say that Sabatini's is "horrible". It has been a few years, about 3, since we ate there on the Grand...but unless things have drastically changed it seems almost impossible that anyone could give such a terrible review.

We'll be on the CB in March and one of the things I'm most looking forward to IS the lunch or dinner we plan to have there. The last time on the Grand we had their 'brunch' and it was incredibly wonderful. I can still remember the food, ambiance and the service as being outstanding. Somebody, PLEASE, tell me what your experience has been in Sabatini's recently. I'm really hoping it was just one person's opinion and maybe they were having a bad day.

Thank you for any and all information. Happy cruising!

We loved our dinner at Sabatini's on the Crown -- all the appetizers were excellent, as always. DH had the veal chop and loved it, DD and I both had the lobster which was wonderful too. The pizza course was gone, but of course there is way too much food anyway, and the pasta had changed but was equally good. The room on the Crown is more attractive than it is on the other Grand ships. I would definitely reserve there again, but I put the Crown Grill slightly ahead because it is a step up from the usual Sterling's, whereas Sabatini's is similar to what we have enjoyed on the other ships. Honestly, in my opinion, you couldn't go wrong with either one.

Archived