Gouda Cheese

katiel53

Does anyone know where in St. Martin I can buy a wheel of Gouda Cheese? I have been fortunate to buy it in Aruba, and I am hoping to be able to do it in St. Martin. Hopefully, there is someplace within walking distance (keep in mind I am not into walking much, lol) from where the water taxi will drop us off. Also, do you know the price?

Thanks so much.

GTaylor,

Thanks for the info. The picture looks exactly like what I was looking for.

OceanCruise,

I thought as long as it was unopened (sealed) that it could be brought back to the US. Am I wrong? I did bring it back from Aruba, but no one ever asked me if I had cheese. My husband loves Gouda and I hope I can bring it back.

We've had no problems bringing Gouda back to the US when flying - just declared it and went right through. However, in one of my bad moves... bought a turkey sandwich at the St. Maarten airport to eat on the plane. Stuck it in an insulated bag and just didn't get around to eating it - and decided to save it for the flight out of Charlotte. Listed it on my customs form (food item) and got sent off to the agriculture section. Was quized repeatedly about the sandwich - whether it contained ham - eventually believed me that it was turkey and sent me on my way (never unwrapped the sandwich to check it). Still haven't heard the end of it from my wife... at least we made our connecting flight (barely!).

Archived