RCCL CruiseCare Insurance

JF4300

RCCL automatically showed a charge for their CruiseCare Insurance on my invoice. I have never used their insurance before (or any other) so I am wondering is it worth it? I am sure value is relative but for me the value would depend on the extent of the coverage.

Can anybody "short hand" the coverage for me?

Is RCCL insurance as good as some of the others mentioned on the boards?

Thanks so much for your help

The one reason I purchase RCCL's Cruisecare is it offers 75% of your non-refundable fees if you choose to cancel "for any reason". Most travel insurance policies do not offer reimbursement of any type if choose to cancel for any reason.

I certainly don't plan on cancelling, and never have, but due to our jobs and busy lives, the possibility always exists and this gives me piece of mind.

The one reason I purchase RCCL's Cruisecare is it offers 75% of your non-refundable fees if you choose to cancel "for any reason". Most travel insurance policies do not offer reimbursement of any type if choose to cancel for any reason.

I certainly don't plan on cancelling, and never have, but due to our jobs and busy lives, the possibility always exists and this gives me piece of mind.

For that reason I went ahead and purchased RCCL's Cruisecare. Seemed like a great benefit that I didn't see other insurance plans covered. Other than that (and possibly the price) I've been wondering if there are any other benefits to getting insurance elsewhere?

RCCL CruiseCare is great.

• 75% of price paid towards a future cruise if you cancel for any reason
  • 100% refund of price paid as a check if you cancel for covered reasons
  • They also will cover your airfare cancellation costs if you cancel (don't know if it has to be a covered reason or if it can be any reason)
  • Provide secondary insurance for all medical bills (there may be a cap, I don't remember)

You can find all of the details about their cruisecare on the rccl website.

I have always taken rccl insurance. When you compare the policy it has much better coverage. You can review this policy on http://www.rccl.com and read the policy online. It costs about 10% of your cabin fare. I have never made a claim but the peace of mind is worth it in my opinion. What if I broke a leg or got really ill day or so before sailing? I have 75% refund rather than nothing, as other polocies are very restricited on reasons why you can cancel and carrys penalties when you are very close to sail date. Keep it. it is worth the cost,

Archived