Taxi or Shuttle

ASue

Just wondered if anyone knows which would be best to get at the San Diego airport to the ship. I've always booked a shuttle but thought I might try a taxi this time. I've read threads about the taxi's in San Francisco not wanting to take people from their hotel to the pier because the drive is not worth their time. Was wondering if the taxi's are good from San Diego airport to the pier and from the pier back to the airport.

Thanks !!!!!!

We didn't have a problem in San Diego two years ago, there were plenty of taxis lined up waiting for fares. It is really close, like 3 miles. We got off the plane, grabbed a cab, and were on the ship pretty quickly. Makes me want to go again!

I've read threads about the taxi's in San Francisco not wanting to take people from their hotel to the pier because the drive is not worth their time.

I encountered that on my 1st visit to San Diego. The driver acted like he had something better to do. (So much for "customer service" ... )

:rolleyes:

I vote for the taxi

...but if anyone is in SF and gets rebuffed by a taxidriver because the drive from hotel to pier is "too short" (the lazy drivers want to do this becasue they will sit in front of hotels and major landmarks for sometimes an*hour or more waiting for an airport run instead of working the streets) - Be sure to get their medallion number and/or car number to report them to the SF Taxi Commission.* They can lose their medallion for this.

I'd suggest that you ask the driver who takes you to the pier if there is a number you can call to order a special van to pick you up or if there will be special vans at the pier as part of the normal taxi conga line. There is a person who oversees the taxis at the airport so that would be another good person to ask upon arrival.

Archived