Celebration Sail Away and Sea Days

kathy32259

I would like to know if there are any outside decks on the Celebration where you can watch sail away and relax on sea days. I have been on one Fantasy class ship and know that they have aft and side balconies - or public deck space - outside the buffet area and the aft children's pool - where you could relax and watch the sea. I loved those aft decks, they were so peaceful and quiet. You could always find a spot to just sit and watch the sea go by.

Does the Holiday class have the same type of areas? And if so - where?

Thanks in advance - :)

I would like to know if there are any outside decks on the Celebration where you can watch sail away and relax on sea days. I have been on one Fantasy class ship and know that they have aft and side balconies - or public deck space - outside the buffet area and the aft children's pool - where you could relax and watch the sea. I loved those aft decks, they were so peaceful and quiet. You could always find a spot to just sit and watch the sea go by.

Does the Holiday class have the same type of areas? And if so - where?

Thanks in advance - :)

Kathy

As you're probably aware, the Celebration doesn't have the vast amount of open deck space that most of the newer fleet does, however, you don't have to compete with 3000+ fellow cruisers to find a deck chair or quiet space. To answer your question, first about sail away, go to the front of the Verandah deck. It's a great place to be especially when passing under the Dames Point Bridge! It also great for the sea day but keep in mind that there is no deck chairs up there so it's not a place you would go to "catch the rays" The back of the Lido Deck has a small pool and lots of space to get away from the crowd, most of which will be hanging out around the main pool. If you have a Cat 12 Suite, then just hang out on your OWN balcony. On the Celebration, both the Suites and the balcony are bigger than most of the rest of the fleet.

Living close to Jax myself, I'm somewhat partial to the Celebration, even as old as it is. Forget all that glitter and enjoy a smaller Carnival ship.:)

Brent

Hi Brent -

Thanks for your reply. I wish I could have a Veranda suite - I keep watching to see if the price comes down... too few of them for that to ever happen. There is still one left on my sailing, so I keep hoping.

You would think that living in Jax I would have been on the Celebration by now so I am anxious to see her. I will miss my balcony cabin - but I will be on a cruise :D

To get to the front of the Veranda deck, do you just walk through where the cabins are located or around the outside? It looks like that deck is right above the bridge - so if it is that should be a wonderful place for sail-away!

The other thing I couldn't figure out is how to get to the childrens pool. That place was always really quiet in the evening on the Fantasy class. Well I guess I will find out in 20 days!!

...To get to the front of the Veranda deck, do you just walk through where the cabins are located or around the outside? It looks like that deck is right above the bridge - so if it is that should be a wonderful place for sail-away!...

There is a passageway between the rows of cabins on the Verandah deck, but easiest access is via doors far forward on the Lido deck to an outside passageway, then up a ladder to the front.

Archived