Larry’s Limo . . . are they deceiving?

Has anybody else had issues with this company? I booked a limo with for my upcoming cruise in three weeks, now I am just being told that even though they booked/quoted me a price for a 6 passenger stretch limo, it’s an extra $16.50 to guarantee I actually get a limo. They can send out another large vehicle if they chose, such as a shuttle bus etc. Does that make any sense? Why would I pay extra to guarantee my already quoted “limo’ price? Additionally, I am paying for a limo not a larger vehicle. I can see if they were going to send me out a stretch hummer, or excursion limo in lieu of a Lincoln limo (or even something comparable), but that’s not the case they can send whatever they chose and still charge you the limo rate even if they pick you up in a 15 passenger van :eek: . Sounds deceiving to me and no where in the invoice does it disclose this. I did not think a limo company could do this. Am I missing something? Does anybody else have any other recommendations?

"Limo" is a pretty broad term and includes much more than what one would normally think of (like what's seen at wedding receptions). I've been in limos that were merely standard Lincoln Towncars and ones that were far more shuttle bus like than limo.

So, no, I don't think they're deceiving but using standard business practice.

If it's important to you to get a ride in an actual Stretch Limo, pay the extra money. If you just need to get from A to B at an affordable price with pick up service, don't.

I just want to make sure I am not going to be upset that I am paying for a limo yet getting a standard car that's all. So if the majority feels this is standard, yet I won't be disappointed, I'll go with that. Just want to make sure I am not missing something that all.

Pach, when we did that, we used http://www.finesselimousine.com

Richard Luiz is wonderful.

We, too, just paid for a towncar or van, (he picked us up at FLL in the van), but he picked us up at the cruise ship for the run back to the airport in a beautiful white stretch limo. The kids were enthralled.

:)

How much are you paying? I am looking for transportation from FLL to the port of miami for 5 people.

I am coning in from MIA, however, my sister and her kids (family of 6), are coming in from FLL to the Mandarin Oriental and I believe the rate is $114 one way.

Archived