Help NCL debug the new Website - post problems here.

calmac

old booking engine is still up https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

I agree with most of what I've read here. Thanks for starting this lead. Hope they read it!!! I tried to register as a new, past and booked guest and got errors on all tries. Not nice! The new opening page is fuzzy looking. I think clear colors are easier to see. No cabin availability to look up or booking on line? What's going on? :(

Shore excursions yes, but not all stops are listed.......ex: Grand Bahama Island, no excusions listed.......I was planning to book this past weekend for my 10/15/ cruise.......hopefully booking on board won't close me out.

Shore excursions yes, but not all stops are listed.......ex: Grand Bahama Island, no excusions listed.......I was planning to book this past weekend for my 10/15/ cruise.......hopefully booking on board won't close me out.
Here are the 2 links I had saved. You can fax them your request and they will email you the confirmation. Or you can just call with the excursion number. Good luck.

Click here: http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/tours/bh&fl_dawn_tour_2006.pdf

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/orderforms06/bh&fl_dawn_1022.pdf

This has been mentioned several times and is a BIG shortfall of this new NCL site. Not being able to price out a cruise and book it on-line is just plain stupid in this computer technology day and age. People are so used to buying things on-line now that no one wants to pick up a telephone anymore. Especially if you are put on hold for 10 minutes or more. Hopefully they will correct this shortly. I am assuming that they may just be working the bugs out first....time will tell.

I have to believe that the cash machine will be added as soon as they feel it is ready. No sense spending time and money on a tool that does not produce $$$$ ;)

A tempory enhancement might be a coming soon tab on the home page with target dates for key enhancements like booking online. At least people would know.

I have to believe that the cash machine will be added as soon as they feel it is ready. No sense spending time and money on a tool that does not produce $$$$ ;)

A tempory enhancement might be a coming soon tab on the home page with target dates for key enhancements like booking online. At least people would know.

You sure you aren't the CEO/CFO for NCL:confused:

I just tried to print out my advanced registration form and guess what?

The site does not work...keep getting an error message....I wish they would leave things alone!

Keep trying. I just went to print out my registration and it worked very well.

Leona

When I tried to book shore excursions, it acts as if it is going to work, after you put in your reservation number and name. However when you look at the choose an excursion drop down list it is blank. I feel that is probably because we do not sail until April and they are not available yet. But a simple notation on that page would be a big help, or an error message saying excursions not available. Also on that note, I called the excursion desk this morning as Erruption of Flaor in Hilo, HI is no longer on the list. The very sweet lady working the desk said not all the excursions are up and it will probably be added. Also note that their on hold recording said you would not receive confirmation of your escursions until two weeks before sailing, is this true or new??? thanks, Lydia of Ohio

I sense a short term disaster in the making. Perhaps it is time to short the company stock. Doubt they will be generating much revenue off this new site for at least several weeks given all the problems that have been uncovered in less than 48 hours. Even a new windows program takes longer to get this many errors.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (haven't had the time to read thru this entire thread) - when you view the deck plans for the Spirit and you roll your cursor over specific cabins, the cabin description is displayed. It indicates that the inside cabins on the Spirit have fridges. Unless this is something fairly recent, this is a mistake.

I haven't been able to call up the deck plans again. Instead, I keep getting "Laguna Deck" with no image. So, I haven't been able to determine how pervasive this cabin description mistake is.

Well came home for lunch from work to try and check prices again and No Luck!!! same with booking shore excurisions want take user name and password.

So called NCL, I've been on the phone on Hold for 40 minutes now!!!!

What in the world is NCL thinking NO Prices, No Booking on Line, etc. Please if you read this link NCL do use a favor and at least hire more people to answer the phones.

I to wonder just on the average day at NCL phone calls and with the old site on line booking, how much money they have lost in the last 2 days.

Marcy

Well came home for lunch from work to try and check prices again and No Luck!!! same with booking shore excurisions want take user name and password.

So called NCL, I've been on the phone on Hold for 40 minutes now!!!!

What in the world is NCL thinking NO Prices, No Booking on Line, etc. Please if you read this link NCL do use a favor and at least hire more people to answer the phones.

I to wonder just on the average day at NCL phone calls and with the old site on line booking, how much money they have lost in the last 2 days.

Marcy

You can still book online through the old site, right?

Dear BMN68,

To see the staterooms, you can use the ship section. I think your right, the bouncy tags aren't where people will go to get hard information. Thos are more for the feel of the cruise.

Utilizing the Ship Section only shows the small photo of a portion of what the rooms offers, at least for the Penthouses and Suites. Furthermore, they have every room except for their Deluxe Penthouse Room, which is the room I have already booked, no thanks to their current site, nor their old site.

They should provide a more user friendly, detailed photographs of each section of their rooms (bathrooms, bedrooms, balcony(ies), etc.)

To show the room to a friend or family member, via their website, is like trying to sell a vehicle with a photo of the back seat. It appears that NCL looks to you, the consumer, to advertise for them. Your pictures become their brochures.

BMN

Archived