I Got It.........Already!!!!!!!!!!

bubbles1209

I got it...............:eek: already, and I just knew I would be waiting longer. :D Went to the mailbox today, and my passport is here!! Did a dance from the mailbox all the way back in the house, my cat thought I had lost it! Only took them 3 1/2 weeks. 26 days to be exact. Pretty quick in my book. I applied on September the 6th, and they told me at least a 6 week wait(which is standard), but that it could take as long as 8 weeks. And 26 days later, it's in my mailbox. Mine came out of New Orleans, it's not the new e-passport, but who cares, it's still a passport, and I do believe just as valid:D Just thought I would share with you guys, now I can go about my regulary scheduled trip planning for February, and Liberty:D..Quick question though, on the funpass, what city do you put down under where it was issued?

What is an E-Passport? What is the difference between that kind and a regular one?
e-passports are new passports they are doing that have an electronic chip inside the back cover that hold all of your personal information. They started issuing them out in August at some passport facilities, and hope to implement them at all facilities by the end of the year. There's info and a preview of what they look like at http://www.travel.state.gov

e-passports are new passports they are doing that have an electronic chip inside the back cover that hold all of your personal information. They started issuing them out in August at some passport facilities, and hope to implement them at all facilities by the end of the year. There's info and a preview of what they look like at www.travel.state.gov

Very interesting....thank you for answering my question! :o

What city was it issued in? You state that it came out of New Orleans. Now this is really a tough one.:confused:

Actually, it doesn't matter what you put down on the Fun Pass registration. We put our hometown down, and I can assure you Apple Valley, MN doesn't have a PP issuing facility (our pp's didn't even have a city of issuance listed, I don't think).

Corsair, it was just as festive, if not a little more so,:p Can't cruise without the passport.........after Jan, anyway. Mine doesn't have a city of issuance on it either, it just has authority..U.S. Dept. of State, that's what I put on my funpass, so I hope that's o.k. I still can't believe it came back so fast.:D

What is an E-Passport? What is the difference between that kind and a regular one?

All new passports have a chip embedded that is similar to the stripe on a credit card. All the data on the passport is included in the chip, which allows it to be quickly scanned. In addition your picture is embedded in the chip so if it is lost or stolen even if someone changes the picture they will not be able to use it because the pictures will not match. It is really a good system.

Will U.S. Department of State work where it asks where it was issued on your funpass?:confused:
not trying to bump my own post, but does anyone know the answer? What did you guys put there when you did your funpass? Should I put U.S. Dept of State, or New Orleans, where it came from? For now I have Dept of State, but I also did it where I could save it and come back to it later. What to put?

Thanks, because mine that I got today doesn't show a city of issuance, just U.S. Department of State, appreciate the help you guys;) :)

As stated above, you can just put YOUR city there and it will be fine.

thanks goin cruisin........must have scrolled down to quick & missed it. I see you are from Raleigh, NC...........I have an aunt who lives in Raleigh/Durham, NC

It's a great place to live :D Next time you visit, let me know :D

No problems for me using "U. S. Department of State." I just figured they had not updated the form for the FunPass to accomadate the new passport set-up. Husband has the older passport format, and for him I put down the city of issuance - New Orleans.

Archived