QM2 First Night Dinner

Cruise Lover Kathy

We leave for Canada and New England on 10/12 and have first seating dinner in Britannia. On the first night, with sail away at 5:00pm, do we have to leave the festivities and head to our designated table at 6:00, or is the first night open seating as it has been on other lines?

I'm sure this is an easy question for some of our repeat sailers (sailors?)

Thanks in advance for the info.

We have just retuirned from a transatlantic on QM2 (Sept 24-30). On the first night we did not go to the dining room but ate in the cafeteria on deck 7. The food there was very good and we just went in when we wanted to do so. Our dinner seating assigned was also the early one and we wanted to see as much as we could before darkness set in. This worked well for us.

I don;t really know about the open seating because we did not go near the Briataani dining room on the first night.

We missed a lot of festivities on our first night because we went to Britannia Dining Room. They had the water cannon and fireworks for the Inaugural Carribean. I think it's a good idea to plan to eat at the buffet the first night.:cool:

I had dinner at the Britannia Grill on my first night at the QM2. This was to make sure that I got the 8:30 dinner and that I got the table I wanted. They made a mistake and booked us first seating @ 6:00. So I had to make arrangements with the Italian Maitre D. My first meal however was lunch and it was at the King's Court.

No, it's not open seating in the Britannia for dinner. If you're scheduled for early seating, 6 pm and it's sailaway then you have to make the choice between dinner in the dining room or sailway and then dinner at the buffet on Deck 7.

Thanks' date=' Iannp. That lets me know to be ready for dinner before I drink too much champagne at sail away. I guess we'll just miss a little of the skyline since We do want to meet our table mates.[/quote']

Assuming they're not up at the sailaway, enjoying the view of the skyline! :D

Karie,

who ALWAYS has late dinner

Archived