Port to Kohunlich...Cheapest way to get there??

Goldeeloxx

I am going to be taking my first cruise to Mexico on October 27th on the Grandeur of the Seas with RCI. I am racking my brain and the internet and books and whatever else I can get my hands on, to find the best, safest and cheapest way to get to the Kohunlich Ruins WITHOUT spending $82 a person booking through the cruise line. This will be my children's first cruise they are 13 and 15, oh and I am taking my husband too. So that makes 4. Can someone please give me some insight on whether I should take a taxi or bus or whatever has 4 wheels and will not cost me a mint to get there, and if you have some current prices on these modes of transportation, and cost to get into the ruins...Thank you, thank you, thank you so much in advance!!!

Goldeeloxx

Looks like you can book a tour at the dock for $65pp. Not sure if there is a child's fare.

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about this... but I have read that the taxi fare from the Costa Maya cruise terminal to Mahaual is $3 per person, and I think it's each way. Better check to make sure it isn't those same terms for the places on this sign! That would get real expensive, real fast! :eek:

Theron

• 4 months later...
Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about this... but I have read that the taxi fare from the Costa Maya cruise terminal to Mahaual is $3 per person, and I think it's each way. Better check to make sure it isn't those same terms for the places on this sign! That would get real expensive, real fast! :eek:

Theron

Last March it was 3.00/pp to Mahaual and 2.00/pp back to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to be taking my first cruise to Mexico on October 27th on the Grandeur of the Seas with RCI. I am racking my brain and the internet and books and whatever else I can get my hands on, to find the best, safest and cheapest way to get to the Kohunlich Ruins WITHOUT spending $82 a person booking through the cruise line. This will be my children's first cruise they are 13 and 15, oh and I am taking my husband too. So that makes 4. Can someone please give me some insight on whether I should take a taxi or bus or whatever has 4 wheels and will not cost me a mint to get there, and if you have some current prices on these modes of transportation, and cost to get into the ruins...Thank you, thank you, thank you so much in advance!!!

Goldeeloxx

If you Google "Kohunlich" you will find many tour companies to the ruins. Most seem to average $65 if I remember correctly.

Then, look for past reviews on these boards. It just that easy !!

Archived