Prime Rib Anyone?

texas greeneyes

Sigh... you would never know it from looking at it! LOL! They always overcook it :( One of these days though... I wonder if those at the early seating get a better shot of a R-MR prime rib?? Were you guys early or late?

Sigh... you would never know it from looking at it! LOL! They always overcook it :( One of these days though... I wonder if those at the early seating get a better shot of a R-MR prime rib?? Were you guys early or late?

I didn't mind...I prefer my beef well done. :eek: :D

We had the late (8:30) seating in the Renoir.

Hey Texas Greeneyes,

Love the picture of the prime rib. But where is your review, I read yours from Thanksgiving 05 and absolutely loved it.:p

Aw, thanks! :o

I ran into some personal problems (90 dear grandmother hosptalized as we were on the return drive from Galveston to Houston on debarkation day...it is either cancer or tuberculosis, coupled with pneumonia) so have not had time to post yet...but I am working on it so as to preserve those memories that fade so fast. Hope to post it within a few days. Thanks for asking! :)

Aw, thanks! :o

I ran into some personal problems (90 dear grandmother hosptalized as we were on the return drive from Galveston to Houston on debarkation day...it is either cancer or tuberculosis, coupled with pneumonia) so have not had time to post yet...but I am working on it so as to preserve those memories that fade so fast. Hope to post it within a few days. Thanks for asking! :)

Take care of Grandmother, she's the reason your here. God Bless her.

Best beef I've ever had was in a place called " The Cattlemens Club " in Wyoming just about 10 miles west of Rapid City, S.D. You better not ask for it well done, otherwise you don't get it, rare to medium , that's it.

Take care of Grandmother, she's the reason your here. God Bless her.

Best beef I've ever had was in a place called " The Cattlemens Club " in Wyoming just about 10 miles west of Rapid City, S.D. You better not ask for it well done, otherwise you don't get it, rare to medium , that's it.

LMAO! Reminds me of a place we ate out West several years back... had a sign saying something to the effect of "We've already slaughtered our meat once, please don't ask us to do it again by ordering it well done :p"... too funny!!!

LMAO! Reminds me of a place we ate out West several years back... had a sign saying something to the effect of "We've already slaughtered our meat once, please don't ask us to do it again by ordering it well done :p"... too funny!!!

Saw that once before myself, I kind of like my beef still moving a little, cooked enough so it can't run away on it's own. :D

LOL!

I've read that in some restaurants, if you order a steak well done you'll get a lesser quality piece of meat, perhaps it's got a bit more gristle in it or it's been sitting around a bit longer.

Add me to the list of rare lovers. When asked how I want my steak cooked, I usually say "Rare. Rare. Rare. Just warm it up. I like my meat to MOO!"

BTW, my last two Carnival cruises when I ordered my filet or prime rib rare, it came out cooked perfectly,

Laura

YUM!

I've managed to get hubby to settle for Medium Well...he's getting there, he grew up in a tragic household of WELL DONE AND BURNT people.

I am a Medium girl myself...a bit more moo than medium well, but not so much that it is getting ready to get off my plate.

My inlaws, and my parents, are WELL DONE kinds of people, and then they complain about how tough the steaks are when they go out to eat. My grandmother literally would send it back if it wasn't charred.

Had to EASE hubby into eating it with a little moo in it. He's starting to really like it and is getting to where he will try my Mediums when we go out. I'm working on it folks.

Don't run a good piece of beef by turning it into leather! PLEASE!

Archived