Everybody's photos!!!

karmac

Great photo's Karen. The QE2 ones look like they were taken from a similar position to ours - we must have been quite close by to you.

Kym

We were around by Mrs Macquaries Chair. Believe it or not, I did actually look out for you.

Karen

We were around by Mrs Macquaries Chair. Believe it or not, I did actually look out for you.

Karen

We were at the Opera House. We'd walked around the city so much that day already (we'd walked from Circular Quay to Wooloomollo, back to St James Park, then from Central Station to the Powerhouse Museum, all around the museum and then back to Central), that by the time we got back to Circular Quay we couldn't face walking back around to Mrs Macquarrie's Chair or Farm Cove, so we stayed at the Opera House.

If you'd seen us, my hat might have been a giveaway - I was wearing my Pacific Sky hat!!

I love the you tube slideshows especially the ones that contain video footage of inside the ship itself it really brings things back for me... I was surprised how much something as small as the noise of the elevator affected me in some of the movies... Keep them coming people :D

• 4 weeks later...

^^ She sure did ;) It was at the Isle of Pines. It was at the end of the day. We'd just gone back to the ship and all of a sudden we heard the alarms go off and the engines came on. We were thinking what's going on because there was still about an hour before we were due to leave. Next tihng someone was yelling over the loud speaker "BRACE, BRACE, BRACE" and then the ship moved sideways - straight into the coral reef!! They wouldn't tell us, but we assumed an anchor had slipped and they slowly drifted towards the reef without realising until it was too late. The captain had turned on the engines to try to get away but it was too late. Bit like the Titanic really LOL! We were confined to our cabins for the next 2 1/2 hours til they worked out what to do. Luckily for us the ships entertainer for that trip was Normie Rowe and he came out with his guitar and sang us some songs. Kept us un-bored ;) We were still stuck there the next day so we had 2 days at the Isle of pines, and luckily the ship wasn't damaged more than just some paint (can't say the same for the reef LOL!) and we were able to continue on the next day :) It's a great story!! Poor old Pacific Sky got such a bad reputation towards the end of it's days :( I still love her though :)

^^ She sure did ;) It was at the Isle of Pines. It was at the end of the day. We'd just gone back to the ship and all of a sudden we heard the alarms go off and the engines came on. We were thinking what's going on because there was still about an hour before we were due to leave. Next tihng someone was yelling over the loud speaker "BRACE, BRACE, BRACE" and then the ship moved sideways - straight into the coral reef!! They wouldn't tell us, but we assumed an anchor had slipped and they slowly drifted towards the reef without realising until it was too late. The captain had turned on the engines to try to get away but it was too late. Bit like the Titanic really LOL! We were confined to our cabins for the next 2 1/2 hours til they worked out what to do. Luckily for us the ships entertainer for that trip was Normie Rowe and he came out with his guitar and sang us some songs. Kept us un-bored ;) We were still stuck there the next day so we had 2 days at the Isle of pines, and luckily the ship wasn't damaged more than just some paint (can't say the same for the reef LOL!) and we were able to continue on the next day :) It's a great story!! Poor old Pacific Sky got such a bad reputation towards the end of it's days :( I still love her though :)

Hi there, we were also on board, and there seems to be an array of answers as to what exactly happened. like you we were told that the ship lost an anchor, and we drifted in toward the coral, the captain then went full forward to the sand to avoid the coral.....!!

On reading the reports on another site, it says......an engine failure.!!!

I remember when we reached Vila, security stopped people taking photos of the large scrapes along the side of the ship.

The pacific Sky was and always will be my favourite ship. not for her looks, but the great atmosphere . ( the things that happened later will be what people remember most unfortunately.)

thanks for the photos they were great..

kindest regards, Lorraine

Hi Lorraine! How awesome to "meet" someone else who was on our trip :D I remember when we arrived at Vila too, all the guys rushing out with their paint brushes removing all the evidence ;) LOL! On day 2 at Isle of Pines, coming back on the tender there were 2 ladies who'd met one of the local ladies at Isle of Pines and she'd given them her daily newspaper with the Sky in the reef on the front page! They let us take a photo of it, which is in that album. If you want to copy an of the pics feel free :)

Keep the photos coming guys, i'm thoroughly loving all of them!! :D

Jo.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone who posted their Pacific Sun pictures. We sailed her about 5 years ago when she was the Jubilee out of Galveston, Texas. She really hasn't changed that much except for her Carnival "whale tail" smokestack and, of course, colors. It was so good to see her again and know everyone is enjoying her as much as we did years ago. Happy cruising!! :D TG23

I want to thank everyone who posted their Pacific Sun pictures. We sailed her about 5 years ago when she was the Jubilee out of Galveston, Texas. She really hasn't changed that much except for her Carnival "whale tail" smokestack and, of course, colors. It was so good to see her again and know everyone is enjoying her as much as we did years ago. Happy cruising!! :D TG23

Glad to hear we can bring back some memories for you TG23. It was this time last year that I sailed on hr & I love to look at all the photos people have taken since. Aaaahhhh.... the memories:cool:

Karen

Have a look at mine too :) I've got the past 3 cruises in there plus an album of photos just of the Pacific Sky (I was so obsessed with that ship :p )

http://community.webshots.com/user/tallpoppy74

Excellent shots of Pacific Sky in Brisbane Jo. Were the night shots of her all lit up taken when she was stranded at Pinkenba overnight before heading off on the ill fated cruise that got turned around 2 days later?? We brought a similar shot from the Courier Mail and we have it in our album from our cruise on Pacific Sky a couple of weeks after that incident.