Top Chef

Curt Jerome Wild

I think they were really torn between Carla and Jeff on the win and (not that Carla didn't deserve the win on her own merits) part of the reason she got it was because they didn't want to get rid of both Stefan and Fabio which would've happened if they'd given Jeff the win.

Go to Bravo's web sight and read Tom's blog for some inside information on why Jeff missed the top spot. It seems like he had some bad luck with a food warmer that altered the taste of his oysters. Sad to see him miss the chance due to equipment rather than his cooking.

I'm a Carla fan, and I'd for sure like to see her win! I know Stephan's a really talented guy, but his attitude just rubs me the wrong way. I get the feeling that he thinks it's in the bag - that he's already won and that all this is just a formality.

Carla's fatal mistake was letting her sous chef sway her away from her food..Who in the right mind cooks something that they are not familiar with in a final..That being said....I am happy with Josea winning( wasn't happy with the finger flipping)...He may not have won a lot of individual challenges but he was very consistent though out the whole season..Stephan was a pompous @$$..:) and his attitude killed him in the end..What part of LESBIAN doesn't Stephan understand??He still has the hots for Jaime..

Another great season!

and for the record I would have chosen Marcel to work with in a hot second..I was impressed that all the returning Chefs worked well as helpers...

SOOOOO anyone watch Hells Kitchen??

Kelly

SOOOOO anyone watch Hells Kitchen??

Kelly

We watch Hell's Kitchen! Haven't seen this week yet, since we record everything to the DVR. I'm waiting to see if Ramsey's going to get rid of the culinary teacher before he kills her. Looks to me like it's going to be pretty close on that!

I saw an interview with Hosea today. When they first revealed their final menus he really thought Carla would win - her menu was just head and shoulders above his and Stefan's. Apparently, she had problems throughout though - it wasn't just the final dish. They just focused on the final dish on the show because it was very obvious.

We watch Hell's Kitchen! Haven't seen this week yet, since we record everything to the DVR. I'm waiting to see if Ramsey's going to get rid of the culinary teacher before he kills her. Looks to me like it's going to be pretty close on that!

LOL..I am ready to kill her!...I was sorry to see the asian woman go..She was my pick to win..

LOL..I am ready to kill her!...I was sorry to see the asian woman go..She was my pick to win..

I was sorry to see her go too! Do you suppose they might give her another chance on the next Hell's Kitchen? I think it'd be nice if they did.

So who else watched the reunion show? I was struck once again by how friendly and supportive they all seemed to be of each other especially when compared to past seasons.

I do wish Carla had won fan favorite but am not surprised by Fabio's win.

I too was hoping Carla would pull it off, but she was just a bit too wierd in the early shows. Fabio was just the schmoozer of all schmoozers so I was not surprised. I still laugh at Stefan and his arrogance and misguided illusions of grandeur. I could not believe it when he said he tried to go on bravo.com to vote for himself as fan fave. How pitiful and sad for him. Can't wait to see where they film next years season.

I too was hoping Carla would pull it off, but she was just a bit too wierd in the early shows. Fabio was just the schmoozer of all schmoozers so I was not surprised. I still laugh at Stefan and his arrogance and misguided illusions of grandeur. I could not believe it when he said he tried to go on bravo.com to vote for himself as fan fave. How pitiful and sad for him. Can't wait to see where they film next years season.

It wouldnt suprise me if they taped the whole season in New Orleans..Heres why..They really enjoyed having Emeril participating in the show and New Orleans in a foodies paradise..:)

I was ok with Fabio winning fan favorite..Hes a good lookin smooth talkin guy..Most women cant resist him..

Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

ooops. I am new to this website and i found this thread a little too late. Top chef is my favorite show and actually the only tv show i watch. i was cheering for carla as most of you were and was sad that she listened to casey for the finale.

anxiously awaiting next season!

michelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's my favorite show.....now MOVE YOUR A$$!!!

I just noticed this thread, and have some information some may be interested in. I'm a moderator at ChefTalk.com/forums, and we recently learned that Carla Hall will be a guest there in June. If you're a chef or avid home cook- or even an avid eater who doesn't cook!- have a look and see if you'd be interested in the conversation.

The site also has cooking articles, blogs, photo galleries, etc. as well as the discussion forums. I've met the man who started it as well as many of the moderators. The atmosphere is open and friendly, so don't worry about not being a professional.

I've steered Chef Talk members here when the questions fit this community's purpose. :)

http://www.cheftalk.com/forums/

• 2 months later...

Archived