Top Chef

Curt Jerome Wild

Andrew left!! I didn't think he would stay to the end, but I thought for sure someone else would go this time!!

I have to say what Spike did was tacky, just tacky. And he didn't use the ingredients that he blocked everyone else from using to his advantage. I think I could have made a better chicken salad and stuffed it into the tomatoes, made some wonderful baked croutons with the bread and used the lettace for something! I don't like the way he worked last night.

And I think Antonia is right about Dale. He is a one trick pony, only cooking Oriental. I have a feeling that will catch up with him soon. Or at least I hope so!

He could've done so many things with the chicken, tomato, and lettuce - in his attempt to sabotage his competitors he sabotaged himself. And I love grapes with chicken and I love olives with chicken but I have to agree that together it's not the best choice.

I think it was interesting that they seemed to be much more clear about the exact rules of the challenge this time. In the past we'll hear one set of rules given to the contestants then suddenly when they get to judges table it's completely different. This time Padma was very clear on the requirements - I think if Andrew's food had tasted good he might have gotten away with breaking the rules BUT when you had the combination of not listening AND not tasting unfortunately he was gone.

I agree, I was shocked that Andrew left. I didn't think he was going to the end but I thought he would go futher than he did. I must say though I've finding it hard to find a "Favorite" (right now . . .again don't ask me why. . . it's Spike but I think Richard will win the whole thing). When you saw the first season and saw Harold--great chef--great looking--great attitude--great to get along with--it's hard to replace that. Yeah to me Spike is the hottie left, Stephanie and Richard are the ones that are good to get along with and Richard and Dale are the really great chefs but I don't see one that has all of those qualities. We have to remember though that we can't just hand the money on over to Richard because if those of you who remember previous seasons all it takes is one bad move (ie Cliff and Marcel and the whole holding down to shave his head and got kicked off scandel, Sam preparing a final meal with nothing cooked, CJ and the famous brocolli on the plane that was said to be, and I quote, "the single most horrible food on Top Chef's History." All these were thought to be the top runner in their seasons.

Finally caught up on everything.

I think that Spike should have just said "Yeah. I just took those to make it more difficult for people".

Trying to claim that he needed them, when it was obviously just food garnish on the plate, was transparent.

Also, one thing that bugs me is that some weeks they decide that the rules of the challenge must be stuck to exactly. And others they don't.

What is it? Decide once and for all.

No polish sausage used when the challenge was specifically to use the Improv ingredients? That's okay, we won't rule you out.

Someone from last season was packed out, because she didn't technically "barbeque". Even though the food was great.

So do you have to stick by the rules of the challenge or not?

There are examples of both throughout all the seasons.

All I can say is WHOA!!!! I didn't expect that! Who would have thought Dale was going? He, as obnoxious as he was, I thought was one of the stronger players!!! I guess that goes to show that no one is really safe. Although, I'm kinda thinking a reverse Mark thing with Lisa. How many times has she been in the bottom 3 and how many times have they talked about her rotten attitude and she still stays? I'm wondering who likes her so much? Don't know why but I'm still rooting for Spike, again I don't know WHY but I am. :eek:

I think Dale was a one-trick pony. Everything seemed to be asian inspired almost every week. I think that Lisa will be the next one off. She's avoided it and I think her time is up, then Spike.

Final 3 should be Richard, Antonia and Stephanie. Still think Richard will take it all. Or Antonia... But then again, Stephanie has been strong sometimes...

Hi, all! I have watched all 3 seasons prior to this one and I just can't connect with this group as I have with other seasons. That being said, I was shocked to see Dale go. Thought they would keep him just because he was good at stirring up "mess". I have to agree with the previous poster-final 3 Richard, Antonia, and Stephanie even though I would to see Spike stay in to the end. I don't particularly care for Lisa. Now that Dale is gone, who will she blame for her messed up rice?

I always watch it a couple of days later because I fall asleep before it comes on - lol.

I think Stephanie's been overlooked and actually has a shot at winning. I think she'll make it to the last 3 with Antonia and Richard. It will be hard because all 3 of them are great chefs and they did a wonderful job as a team. It's all going to come down to who best followed the rules and "seasoned" their food well.

Spike and Lisa aren't going to make it much longer.

I just found this thread and I love Top Chef too. I'm the same about watching a couple of days later because I can't stay up that late. What a dud, huh?

I agree that Lisa and Spike should go. The other three are so much better. My bet is either Richard or Antonia, but Stephanie is certainly strong, especially lately, and may rally to a big finish. The problem may be ratings. The network likes their controversies and temper tantrums.

Sue

Spike and Lisa need to go. Lisa's attitude just stinks, and she blames everyone else for her mistakes. Calling out Andrew was selfish and just plain dumb. Did she not think that the judges knew he did use a whole grain in his dish? It made her look petty and childish. Spike needs to concentrate on his own food instead of trying to sabotage everyone else.

Stephanie is still my favorite, and she seems to have bounced back nicely from that peanut butter/tomato couscous fiasco. I hope she makes it to the finals, and doesn't choke in the end like Casey did.

Oh man!

I finally caught up. I loved this episode.:D

They were at Mitchell's! I love visiting Chicago, because they have the best restaurants there in general.

And Mitchell's is a must:

http://www.loumitchellsrestaurant.com/menus/

And for some reason, I really wanted that Beet Salad! I guess I was in the mood or something, because I wanted to eat it through the TV.

So, I think you are all correct in the rankings of the chefs.

But, be aware that anything can happen. Meaning that I won't be surprised if Richard doesn't win.

On this show, I know that they only voted based on that day. They don't take past performance into example (unlike say, Project Runway).

So, all someone has to do is have a bad day, or a lucky day.

This is why people like Sam got packed last year, for one bad decision.

And you end up with a person like the dork who won last year.

That's why it's interesting when they have the specials where there are people from multiple seasons competing. You end up with people that were voted off very early in their season winning challenges, and winners from past seasons losing big time.

So, we still have things up for grabs here.

PS Yes, Lisa needs to go a long time ago. I just can't stand how everything is everybody else's fault.

Tonight shall be interesting though, because I won't be surprised for her to to get final four and someone else get out.

Just for dramatic license.

;)

This is why people like Sam got packed last year, for one bad decision.

And you end up with a person like the dork who won last year.

This was supposed to refer to Ilan (who could only cook Spanish everything) who won over Sam in Season Two.

Not Hung the winner last year from Season Three.:o

Oh and they're having the finals in Puerto Rico.;)

NOOOOO! I atleast would have wanted to see Spike in Puerto Rico instead of crossed-arms Lisa.

LOL!

I love that description of her!

I had a feeling that she was going to last a while, based on the way they've been editing her.

She has seemed like she was the obvious person to go the past few weeks, so that was making me think she's around to stay and annoy us all more.:p

I knew Spike was gone, once he backtalked the judges.:eek:

Oi!

I also think that they REALLY want to have a female win this year, so that's another reason it's 3 to 4. Better odds.

Too bad, Richard should have been on another season.

Winner has to be Stephanie or Antonia.:confused:

Also, that was the most unimaginative of all the challenges this season.

Stephanie has had more wins than anyone. Antonia has only one elimination challenge win. I agree that I'd be happy with any of them except Lisa. I also loved the "crossed-arms Lisa" comment!

Sue

Hell's Kitchen, even if you can't stand Gordon, is also an excellent show. To each their own, but I was not able to get into TS, as I just didn't think it was worth watching. But then again, I also enjoy Deadliest Catch, so go figure....

Ok, that's it for me, enjoy your show, and I shall do the same. :o

NOOOOO! I atleast would have wanted to see Spike in Puerto Rico instead of crossed-arms Lisa.

Beautiful description! Did anyone read Tom's blog on Bravo.com? He basically said if he had been there as head judge, Lisa would have gone home, since she had 2 bad dishes that night to Dale's 1. However, how could Dale have thought Butterscotch Scallops would be good?

I'm still rooting for Stephanie!! Go girls!!! (no offense to Richard)

Hell's Kitchen, even if you can't stand Gordon, is also an excellent show. To each their own, but I was not able to get into TS, as I just didn't think it was worth watching. But then again, I also enjoy Deadliest Catch, so go figure....

Ok, that's it for me, enjoy your show, and I shall do the same. :o

I really enjoyed Hell's Kitchen last season, but this season's crop- I can cook better than they can!!! There's not much talent in this bunch. I read somewhere that Ramsey didn't have any say-so in picking the contestants, and I bet he wish he had, since the winner will be executive chef at his new restaurant.

Also love Deadliest Catch- those are a tough bunch of guys. I think it would be great to combine the 2 shows- Hell's Kitchen aboard the Northwestern!!!

Yeah, let Sig and Gordon have it out.

I agree with this season's HC crop, what a bunch of pot washers! At the rate it's going now, Gordon would be better off to just give the ultimate winner the $250k and tell them to go **** off back to where they came. :p

I watch TC and HK like I do most shows- with the closed captioning displayed. Fox channel in particular seems a bit off with their captioning- for example they skip entire sentences if the captions can't keep up with the dialoge onscreen.

Funny thing is, HK is NOT captioned. It is the only Fox show I know of that does not have closed captioning. My only guess is that w/all the bleeps and censoring, it would not be worth their time to type out the captions "get the *beep* out of my *beep* kitchen you *beep*beep*beep* , *beep* off. Plus, the person typing out the captions could never keep up with the pace of all the swearing.

I just find that amusing. TC, with all the curses flying this season,at least captions the show but then writes "curse" in the beeped space.

I cannot believe tha Lisa lives on!! I do think that Antonia was too stressed about opening her new restaurant and just didn't bring her "A" game last night! I still think it is going to be between Richard and Stephanie at the end.

Love the shots of Puerto Rico! It's been a while since I've been there and DH says we might cruise there next year now!!

I am SOOOOO not shocked!

I told you all that

#1 I was suspicious of the way that they've been editing Crossed-Arms Lisa.

#2 Just like Sam and others, all it takes is one mistake or miscalculation, and they're out.

They make a specific issue on their judging that they do not take any past performances or ability into account. They only judge on that food on that day.

So now, because Richard won this last challenge, I think that Stephanie is winning the entire thing.

Realize that Lisa has not really been in the top. She has always just been second from the bottom to be eliminated. She just has never been "the worst". She has just been the "second worst". So keep slipping by.

On this last show, the winner has to be "The best".

So that will only be Stephanie or Richard. Lisa can't win by "not being the worst" this time.

And as a vegetarian, sitting on the couch with two dogs that were lying in the same position as those pigs on the table - it was a mighty difficult episode to watch.

On a cruise note - has anyone been to that guest judge's restaurant in Puerto Rico? If not, that might be a new post destination to seek out when people cruise there. Did anyone catch the name?

I could go for some good cooked plantains!

Archived