Top Chef

Curt Jerome Wild

I groaned out loud when they told Antonia to "please pack your knives and go." But I knew it was going to happen when they said her beans (or peas?) weren't cooked done enough. You're right- Lisa wasn't good, she just didn't make as bad a mistake as Antonia. And she also had the nerve to call Stephanie and Richard out for not congratulating her- did she them? I wonder if she knows how off-putting her attitude is to everyone around her. I've met people like that, and they don't have a clue why no one wants to be around them.

DH and I are sailing out of SJ this August on Adventure, and watching the scenes of Old San Juan last night makes me want to look up some sites to visit while we're there. Coming in the day before this time- last time out of SJ, we just saw the airport and the bus right to the cruise terminal. That's a great idea- to eat at that guy's restaurant. They repeat these shows so much, it should be easy to find out.

Go Stephanie!

I'm assuming you mean Chef Wilo Benet - our local judge in the show. His restaurants are terrific!!!

http://www.pikayo.com/

Pikayo is located at the PR Art Museum (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico) - make sure to bring your Platinum charge card. His more casual eatery is called Paya and is located at a much less accessible location in Guaynabo (City View Plaza). I've eaten very well at Paya about three or four times already.

I'm assuming you mean Chef Wilo Benet - our local judge in the show. His restaurants are terrific!!!

http://www.pikayo.com/

Pikayo is located at the PR Art Museum (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico) - make sure to bring your Platinum charge card. His more casual eatery is called Paya and is located at a much less accessible location in Guaynabo (City View Plaza). I've eaten very well at Paya about three or four times already.

Thanks- Bravo also had this up on their site. Pikayo looks fabulous, but expensive, but also very delicious. I need to talk DH into going there- and it sounds like the museum would be a good place to visit as well. We're coming in early enough on Saturday to do some site seeing.

Yay Stephanie!! I didn't get to see it- I've been traveling, and the place I stayed last night didn't have Bravo. I do enjoy reading the blogs on the Bravo site, and I know I'll be able to catch th episode when they replay it.

I didn't get to see it- I've been traveling, and the place I stayed last night didn't have Bravo.

I hate when that happens! One time earlier this year, I raced to my hotel room to check in and be ready by 10 PM, only to find they didn't have Bravo either. I empathize.

But yes! Stephanie!:D

And I'm happy (and surprised as well) that I called it SO accurately.

Richard made last minute mistakes after dominating much of the season, Lisa went further than we wanted, and Stephanie was victorious.

They definitely edited that to blindside the audience at the end though, and make it look like Lisa was going to win.

I thought that it was interesting though, that they had no help at the end. There are still rumors that they can't disprove that other chefs sabotaged Marcel at the send of Season Two. (Sam still should have won that season, but did a Richard like mistake at final 4).

And my favorite "typical" Lisa moment, was when they are all sitting in the back room after their service...

She says Stephanie "Well you definitely took the first and third course, and I definitely took the second and fourth"...

Right in front of Richard, like he wasn't even in the room!

Did you see that Stephanie didn't answer her and just looked at Richard, like "*****?!?! How rude can she be!?!?":eek:

That look was priceless.

I have no doubt that Richard will become a very successful chef given his talent, good nature, and connections from this show.

I think that Stephanie is going to be a very good representative for Top Chef.

:cool:

I'm so glad that Stephanie won! She or Richard really deserved the win, but Richard just bombed last night trying to do too much to set himself apart. Uniqueness doesn't always win.

Stephanie was pretty strong most of the season, with just a couple of bobbles. Lisa, well, was Lisa. I hope she does well in life, but I don't think she is on my list of top 100 chefs to eat food from!

I'm so glad that Stephanie won! She or Richard really deserved the win, but Richard just bombed last night trying to do too much to set himself apart. Uniqueness doesn't always win.

Stephanie was pretty strong most of the season, with just a couple of bobbles. Lisa, well, was Lisa. I hope she does well in life, but I don't think she is on my list of top 100 chefs to eat food from!

Hell's Kitchen, even if you can't stand Gordon, is also an excellent show. To each their own, but I was not able to get into TS, as I just didn't think it was worth watching. But then again, I also enjoy Deadliest Catch, so go figure....

Ok, that's it for me, enjoy your show, and I shall do the same. :o

Hey I LOVE GORDON RAMSEY and THE DEADLIEST CATCH!..I soo want to eat at Hells Kitchen!

Top Chef was great this year..I think it was the most talented group that have been on the show to date! AND YEAH STEPHANI!!..I have been pulling for her from the very begining!

Kelly

I am also glad Stephanie won. Too bad about Richard.

The most interesting parts of the show, in my opinion, were 1) seeing Stephanie lean over to watch how her guest chef was cutting the fish and 2) watching all the guest chefs watching Richard to see what he was doing.

My prediction is that Lisa will get into a fight (verbal, not physical) with someone on the reunion show. Probably Dale, maybe Spike. Anyone agree?

Sue

I just came across this thread. I'm so glad Stephanie won. Is there a reunion show scheduled, if they mentioned it I must have missed it. I also love Hell's Kitchen and The Next Food Network star. I'm also addicted to most reality TV.

Time Warner Cable in Raleigh NC does NOT carry BRAVO. I watched it last Oct. when we were on vacation down east - off the coast of NC. LOVED it. I am going to write to TWC and see what their problem is!:confused:

How many of you have gone to some of the restaurants these chefs work at?

I pass Le Cirque (Andrew's restaurant) a couple blocks from where I work every day. I KEEP meaning to go there and would probably be a fanatic idiot and ask if he was there to meet =x

I would love to eat at Richard's place in Atlanta. I think his wasabi-chocolate creation ode to Willie Wonka was just so "out there." I really hate that he had a bad night.

I've been watching The Next Food Network Star, but the level of talent compared to Top Chef is really disappointing. Martha Stewart was the guest judge last night, and 2 contestants broke down and cried over her. It was weird!

How many of you have gone to some of the restaurants these chefs work at?

So excited I stumbled upon this thread. I so love Top Chef., Even tho I am happy Steph won, I didn't want it to end. I also adored Richard. First season out of all of them that I actually was torn between two people and couldn't choose who I wanted to win. I wanted a tie :)

As far as trying any of their restaurants... I went to Harolds restaurant in the Village in NYC. It is called Perilla. He was season ones winner.

Mmmmm is all I can say. I can't wait to go back! Fun thread.

I don't know why I haven't gone there yet. I'm going to be working at Annisa this summer in the village, I should make it a point.

Mmmm go!! I plan to go back when I am in town. You won't see him, he hides in the back. Great staff, amazing menu!

I liked the fan favorite.:D

I was really impressed with how they treated each other at the reunion show. It was very positive - unlike previous seasons where it seemed like they were very careful not to seat certain people next to each other.

• 5 months later...

And I'm very happy to see it back!

I don't have a favorite yet. How about the rest of you? Who do you like? Dislike? I had nearly as much fun disliking Stephen the sommelier (yeah, I don't think that's spelled right either) as I did watching the ones I liked the season he was on.

From what I have seen so far -- my favorite is the guy from Hawaii. Bad of me but I can't remember his name.

I was impressed in week one when he was given food he wasn't familiar with - Indian - and he started asking to taste it in the store. It linked nicely with Tom's comment that you need to create from flavor.

From what I have seen so far -- my favorite is the guy from Hawaii. Bad of me but I can't remember his name.

I was impressed in week one when he was given food he wasn't familiar with - Indian - and he started asking to taste it in the store. It linked nicely with Tom's comment that you need to create from flavor.

I was impressed with him as well. Very smart to ask for taste tests. I also like the girl that is from India.

Stefan and Fabio annoyed me a little the first episode but I tried to reserve judgment. Fabio impressed me the 2nd episode and I was pleased that the attitude seemed to draw back.

Archived