Cruising in March..... anxiety attacks

TINGnVODKA

I am cruising in March with Carnival and have a balcony guarantee. I don't know whether to keep checking sites for better rates, reading as much as possible before I go, etc., or should I just pay the balance from what was originally agreed upon and go wtih the flow.

I do plan to read about the places the ship will stop and see what to expect, but other than that, its driving me crazy with all the info and all the many things I keep reading. I know I am excited, but I think I will go crazy soon!!!!

First if you did a guarantee cabin I doubt the price will change much and also they will pick you a cabin later on. The only problem with guarantee is they may stick you in an obstructed view room as the smaller highter priced balconies get to pick their cabins. We are going on Carnival in may and can't wait either. I would wait to pay in case of any cancellations you may have to do. Last year we were booked and had to cancel because of unforseen surgery and got no problem refund. Hope you have fun. This site is wonderful but very daunting with all the info, but there are some smart cookies on this site.

Baseball16

RCCL Enchantment

RCCL Navigator

Carnival Ecstacy

Regency Regent Rainbow

Big Red Boat

I am cruising in March with Carnival and have a balcony guarantee. I don't know whether to keep checking sites for better rates, reading as much as possible before I go, etc., or should I just pay the balance from what was originally agreed upon and go wtih the flow.

I do plan to read about the places the ship will stop and see what to expect, but other than that, its driving me crazy with all the info and all the many things I keep reading. I know I am excited, but I think I will go crazy soon!!!!

If you pay the balance ahead of time and there is a price drop than you can ask for onboard credit.

Not all ships have balconies with obstructed views so i wouldn't worry to much.

If you really want to get a feel of the ports of call, i have found "Frommers ports of call" is a great travel book to read.

And i know how you feel, i go Crazy before all my cruises, mostly because of the wait.

This may have been the exception, but... Friends of mine did have a balcony guarantee, and they ended up with an obstructed view balcony. They weren't too happy.;) They said next cruise, they'll make sure they book a specific balcony cabin to avoid any surprises.

No your friends could have changed that. You will never get a obstructed view when u do a balcony guarantee room. NEVER EVER you are gauranteed a balcony room with no obstructions thats what it means. I think they may have had a lower class room and got a balcony upgrade to maybe an obstucted view. I always get a balcony gaurantee and i always get upgraded to a higher floor. I am going on the Liberty in Feb. and got a 8 E upgrade to panorama deck.

I have done guarantees on both Carnival and RCCL. Both times I made out fine. ON CCL, I had an inside GTY and got a 4 cat. upgrade. Still inside, but on a higher floor. With RCCL, I had a balcony GTY and got what a travel agent on the ship (passenger, not sales) told me was one of the best rooms. I was in the center hump. Look forward and back, and coluld see both ends. I will definately do a gty again. Don't worry, it will be fine.

No your friends could have changed that. You will never get a obstructed view when u do a balcony guarantee room. NEVER EVER you are gauranteed a balcony room with no obstructions thats what it means. I think they may have had a lower class room and got a balcony upgrade to maybe an obstucted view.

No, they definitely booked a balcony guarantee, nothing less. (As I said, it could have been the exception.)

First, don't get too crazy in the early going. Relax. My wife and I get a guarantee also and never have had any major problems. You don't have to keep checking to see if you could get a better price. You might even get an upgrade, its happened to us before.

You could keep checking to see if you want to make a reservation on a shore excursion. If the ship gets booked easily then Carnival will raise the price and you locked in on a good price. If it doesn't sell so well you will probably get an upgrade. Either way you come out ahead.

Go and enjoy yourself. I have been on five different cruise lines. Carnival is one of the best. Carnival has good food and service. Some cruise lines have neither./COLOR]

Archived