How many pairs of shoes do you bring ?

Thats about how many my hubby brings. I, on the other hand.....

sneakers

(2) pair flip flops for the pool deck

(2)white daytime sandals

brown daytime sandals

white daytime wedges

formal black strappy heels

(2) white night time sandals

black night time sandals

brown night time sandals

dressy, but not formal, black sandals

water shoes for beach

That's normal--but heavy! The worst part about men's shoes is the weight! Not so bad if you're driving, but they really take alot of the poundage they allow on the plane! I can pack 4 times as many shoes, since they're so much lighter!!!! Yea, me!

We're just discussing this on my roll call thread for my upcoming cruise. The women are discussing how many pairs of shoes we're bringing and the highest right now is 12! I think that's a few too many from the travel point of it. We have to lug all of that stuff around. Right now I'm up to 8 pairs. My hubby usually brings just 4. Sneakers, 1 pair each of brown and black casual shoes and pair black dress shoes. And he wears a size 14! So those puppies are huge and weigh a ton. :)

However, I do love a well dressed man, so if you can carry it, I say good for you!

I have learn to travel light. One pair of tennis walking shoes, one pair casual sandals, one-2 dress sandals and flipflops for the pool!! My husband one pair dress, one tennis shoes, and one very old tennis shoes to wear on excursions in case they get wet. I make sure all my dress outfits go with the one or two pair of dress sandals. I got tired of lugging all that weight and hardly wearing them all!!!!

I also travel light. 1 pair of water shoes, 1 pair of tennis shoes, and 1 pair of dress shoes, sometimes 2 pairs of dress shoes. So I bring 3 or 4 shoes depending on what dresses I bring for the formal nights. My husband only brings 3 pairs of shoes..

I believe I did bring 5 pairs of shoes for our last 7 night cruise. But thats the most I have ever brought. I think I'll stick to that limit. Shoes take up to much space...

That doesn't seem outrageous to me. My husband and I tend to go on the light side. I have sneakers, black and brown casual shoes, and black dress shoes (and possibly another color if a formal outfit requires it) while he has sneakers, brown loafers and black dress shoes. And our 2 year old son has sneakers, sandals, and dress shoes.

Well my wife thinks that i am crazy I bring 1 pair of sneakers,1 pair of water shoes,1 pair of boat shoes, 1 pair of dress black,1 pair of casual brown, and 1 pair of casual black . Now I ask you is that excessive.

I usually keep only 3 pairs in rotation at home, but add sandels for the cruise just in case we hit a beach. Of course, being on the west coast of Florida and super white sand beaches, we get to the beach often - NOT! It is but a drive across town, but rarely take the time to go. In fact last time I was near the beach was a lunch business meeting on Anna Maria Island in June. So, 4 pairs max for me.

Wow...14 pairs of shoes?? :eek: I mean, I have alot of shoes at home, but I try to limit them for the cruise LOL I take one pair of black flip flops that I wear all during the day, one pair of brown sandals, my dress heels that I can wear with multiple outfits for evening and I think I also packed one more pair of wedges or sandals for other nights that I wore white. They do take up so much room, that I just try to coordinate as many outfits as I can with as few pairs of shoes that I can.

Shoes are the current crisis in my house. We are leaving on Oct 28 and I am trying to "pair" down the 11 pairs of shoes which I have determined I need. It isn't easy as there are the ones I want to take-the really cute trendy ones that only go with one outfit and the ones I need to take-workout shoes, daytime sandals, flip-flops. DH, who actually does most of the packing after I assemble stuff, only looks at the number of shoe bags he has to pack. I figure with some of the sandals and flip flips, I can fit multiple pairs in one set of bags, so maybe he won't notice. ;) ;)

Shoes are never excessive. I had club feet when I was a baby; the were broken and reset, so my feet are very sensitive. Comfort above all!!

Just packed--Whoo-hoo!!

a pair of sandals

tennis shoes

flip flps

water shoes

black high heels

espadrils

Birkenstocks--I know they are ugly, but oh, so comfortable

Last cruise I did not wear the tennis shoes, but think that on a seven day I'd better. Plus with seven days of eating, I'd better walk a couple miles a day or my clothes won't fit me by the end of the week!

I like to travel light: 1 pair sneakers (which I wear since they're heavy); 1 pair black dress shoes; 2 pairs sandals. DH brings 3 pairs of sneakers (one of which is black leather that, yes, he wears with his suit). But, hey, I once did two weeks in Hawaii with a pair of black velvet sandals only - the kind with the straw bottoms - was too hot for anything else (OK, it was two pair, when the first ones wore out, I bought another pair from a street vendor).

Straughn, I'm having exactly the same issue. It's more a matter of wanting to take the new, cute sandals I just bought, then needing them. However, I won't be able to wear them until next summer otherwise. Plus, they're soooo cute. I really want to take them. I am, however, trying to wear them with multiple outfits which is why I only have 8 now which includes a cute pair of silver, flat thong flip flops for changing into in case my dancing shoes become a bit much. It's a 9 night cruise.

Ha! Cute thread!

I try to limit my shoes to 10-12 pairs. One time the airport had my suitcase over weight just slightly, so they told me to take out a few pairs of shoes from my suitcase and put them in my carryon. I was the one who had to carry that carryon, so now I am very aware of how much those xtra pairs of shoes can weigh!

One problem I encountered and didn't realize it (until my husband pointed it out)--pocketbooks! I have a thing for cutesy purses! I love matching a bag to my outfit. Anyway, on the cruise that my husband took notice--I had 10 pocketbooks packed with me!! So now I really try to plan ahead and cut back. Oh--btw--these were small pocketbooks--not the tote kind! ;)

I've narrowed mine down so far to 10 pairs, looks like the least I will take will be 7 pairs. I need two dress shoes, one pair for the first formal and a bigger pair for the second formal(due to swelling, lol)then I need white sandles, beige sandles and water shoes, then another black pair for nights, another black pair for dressy night at Chops. Then just in case a spare pair or two.

Here's what I brought for my 9-day cruise:

3 pairs of flip-flops.

Although that sounds horrible, only one pair was actually flip-flop flip-flops. One was a pretty brown and black leather thong and the other was a pair of dressy beaded black thongs for the formal nights (strapless sandals).

That's it. As I am renowned for the fact that I am either flip-flopped/sandalled or barefoot (for most of my 50 years), my feet are very used to it and I walk and hike in them.

I am the counter-balance to the women who bring 15 pairs of shoes.

Archived