How many pairs of shoes do you bring ?

I dont think it is excessive at all but then I average between 15-20 pair of shoes for 7 days.

...about the 8 I am taking. My daughter is still making me feel guilty about bringing 3 canes - 1 black, one floral and one animal print. Now I just need an evening cane.

Well my wife thinks that i am crazy I bring 1 pair of sneakers,1 pair of water shoes,1 pair of boat shoes, 1 pair of dress black,1 pair of casual brown, and 1 pair of casual black . Now I ask you is that excessive.

... about the 8 I am taking after reading some of these responses. Of course, daughter thinks I am over doing it bringing a floral cane, a black one and an animal print. - ah any thoughts on a cane for formal?

Madhouseinc-My mother uses a cane and in finding one for her, I came across one of the collapsible canes which was shiny black with vertical gold wavy lines. It was pretty formal looking. I think I saw it in one of those travel catalogues-maybe Magellans or TravelSmith. They also sell them in her retirement community pharmacy, but that won't help you much.

Gosh-after ready about all the shoes others of you pack, I may take all eleven pairs. Apparently, I am more in the norm than I thought!

I dont think it is excessive at all but then I average between 15-20 pair of shoes for 7 days.

I'm right there with you! ...and I wear them all! I pack shoes in a separate bag. There is no lugging for me. I use a taxi, bellman and baggage handlers...ok husband too!

Here is what I NEED to bring:

1 x flip flop for the pool/beach

1 x casual comfy sandals (2'' heel) (day and some casual nights)

1 x strappy sandals (formal nights and some casual nights)

1 x sneekers (embarkation, debarkation, gym and shore excursion involving lots of walking)

but on each cruise I also brought an extra pair (closed shoes for the night we were sailing out of New York in December and last cruise I brought an extra pair of evening sandals). I could do without them if needs be.

Madhouseinc-My mother uses a cane and in finding one for her, I came across one of the collapsible canes which was shiny black with vertical gold wavy lines. It was pretty formal looking. I think I saw it in one of those travel catalogues-maybe Magellans or TravelSmith. They also sell them in her retirement community pharmacy, but that won't help you much.

Gosh-after ready about all the shoes others of you pack, I may take all eleven pairs. Apparently, I am more in the norm than I thought!

I checked both of those website - between the 2 of them 6 canes. Found some lucite ones on another site, but not willing to pay $70.00. Looks like I will look around the local grocery stores - that is where I get mine for less than $30.00

For the 11 day New England/Canada cruise I just returned from:

I like slip on mules for airplane travel, so that was 1.

Gold Strappy heel/sandals that matched all three formal gowns (with matching clutch bag) thats 2

White walking tennis shoes thats 3

Black Suede Boots to wear with gauchos thats 4

I had originally planned on emerald green shoes/purse for one formal

Black heels/purse for 2nd formal

red heels/purse for 3rd formal

Gold sandal heels/purse for White Masquerade Ball

But the emerald green dress didn't fit, so removed the green shoes and purse. Decided to wear the white dress originally for the White Masquerade Ball for the third formal night with gold. Weight of suitcases was over limit, so decided to remove shoes/purses and go with just the gold as it matched the red, black and white formals, thereby reducing the weight of the suitcase substantially.

So now I know I can manage with 4 pair of shoes.:D

I have not really thought about the total for this upcoming cruise, so here we go...

Casual slip on sandal

Strappy casual sandal

tennis shoes

dress shoes (one pair for both formal nights)

dressy sandals - 2 pair (for smart casual nights)

flip flops for swimming

tevas/water shoes

snorkel fins (do they count?)

...so I guess I am somewhere in the 8 range. I can wear the same shoes both formal nights, so that cuts back. :rolleyes:

However, I am 100% sure that my mom will have me beat by at least 5 more pair!!! She has bad heels and has to change her shoes constantly to make it stop hurting all the time!

1 pair black dressy evening shoes

1 pair sandals for daytime off ship

1 pair dressy sandals for nite

1 pair gym shoes

1 pair of reef flip flops for pool and beach

and of course my snorkel fins :)

"3 pairs... one pair of black dress shoes, one pair of white sneakers (gym shoes), and one pair of sandals....

That's all any guy needs... "

My husband would disagree. He wears a pair of sneakers on the plane, takes his black patent tux shoes for formal nights, flip flops for at the pool, water shoes for the beach, leather sandals for off the ship and with casual pants, a pair of black and brown loafers for the rest of the evenings.

Shoes? Gracious, aren't they a joy to buy and a dillema to pack?

My plan for next trip now that outfits have been determined is: We each wear 1 pair to travel in :)! And DH will pack 2 more. And I plan to

pack 4 more.

Bare minimum........and a plan. Can't wait to see if it materializes. Can I really do it? I'd like to think so.

Have I left enough room to shop for shoes on vacation? :)

Holy Cow! Some of you bring a lot of shoes.

It's our first cruise, but my husband is going to bring a pair of sneakers, a pair of boat shoes, and a pair of dress shoes. I'll pack water shoes for us both, but I won't tell him, because he'll say it's unnecessary. Until he's at the beach, scared of stingrays. :D

I'm planning on bringing black heels, white heels, flip flops (which I'll probably live in), sneakers for the jungle trek, and probably a pair of flats.

I don't think all people bring multiple pairs of shoes to "impress people", nosmothj- I think some people like to take that "put together" feeling to a new level. I wouldn't want to wear my white dress with black heels, because it wouldn't look right to me. And with the amount of walking one does on vacation, I like to change my shoes just so my feet are sore from the shoes rubbing the same places. :)

1 dress black

1 running shoe

1 sandle

I go to relax and put my feet up not impress others

I cannot imagine what one has to do with the other!. I love shoes so for a week I bring:

2 pairs high heeled evening shoes

1-2 pair mid heeled dressy sandals

running shoes

flip flops for the pool and sandals

2 pair of sandals or walking shoes for ports

I just do not really see a need for lots of shoes. Now if you asked what my wife will bring then that would be another story. Also being cheap someone also talked about the extra weight charge!!

I think this is definitely one of those topics men and women will never agree on! :D

Also being cheap someone also talked about the extra weight charge!!

*Our wine weighs more than my shoes ever could

*We're driving; no need to worry about weight limits

* I think my husband and I will bring approx. the same number of shoes....

Don't make assumptions:rolleyes:

Hey Hoyaheel – we did that same cruise out of Norfolk last November. It was awesome. And our wine also definitely outweighed our shoes.

Speaking of shoes…oh my gosh…on my first cruise eons ago, my friends teased me about the number of shoes I had packed. They wanted to line them up in the hallway and take a picture—too funny! Since then I have gone from 2 ½-3 inch heels to almost all flats which take up less room. I just counted my pile of shoes I’m gathering for our upcoming cruise out of Miami and I have eight pair so far not including the sneakers that I’ll wear for the trip down.

QUESTION—we are planning to visit some Mayan ruins and I believe we can climb them. Are sneakers okay or should we pack hiking shoes? We’re traveling by auto train, so weight isn’t an issue.

i did the ruins in rubber soled sandals so i'm sure sneakers would be just fine.. hiking boots may be very hot in the tropics.. you aren't in a jungle you're right out in the hot sun.. enjoy the cruise!

I pare down the amount of shoes to as few as possible. That can be different for every cruise because I wear different clothes on every cruise.

But, my list generally includes:

my walking shoes

dress shoes for formal nights

casual shoes for other nights

sandals, the most comfortable ones I own

pool shoes

That and the pair I wear to board the ship makes it 6 pair. I don't know how to cut down any further, but I wish I could :rolleyes:

Have no idea what that means.

On a 10 day - 2 week cruise I bring about 10 pairs

Walking shoes for excursions in case it rains

2 pair of flat sandals for excursions when it's nice

Sneakers for gym

Flip flops for spa area (mine are bamboo w/ rubber soles)

2 pair of mid-heeled sandals for dinner

1 - 2 pair of formal shoes

1 pair for travelling and/or excursions on chilly days - usually loafers

DH brings 6 pairs

Topsiders for travel and shore excursions

Formal shoes

2 pair loafers for dinners (1 blk, 1 brown)

Sneakers for gym

Sandals

(on a shorter cruise, he eliminates one pair of loafers)

Have no idea what that means.

On a 10 day - 2 week cruise I bring about 10 pairs

Walking shoes for excursions in case it rains

2 pair of flat sandals for excursions when it's nice

Sneakers for gym

Flip flops for spa area (mine are bamboo w/ rubber soles)

2 pair of mid-heeled sandals for dinner

1 - 2 pair of formal shoes

1 pair for travelling and/or excursions on chilly days - usually loafers

DH brings 6 pairs

Topsiders for travel and shore excursions

Formal shoes

2 pair loafers for dinners (1 blk, 1 brown)

Sneakers for gym

Sandals

(on a shorter cruise, he eliminates one pair of loafers)

Archived