Video Camera - In room safe

chopper2

I would like to bring our video camera on our cruise but since all of our excursions are going to be on the water, I don't think I want to bring it with us when we go into the ports. Is the in-room safe large enough to hold a video camera? We're sailing this Saturday on the Radiance of the Seas.:D

Also, have others brought their video cameras with them on the excursions? Have you experienced any problems with them being stolen if left in your beach bag?

Thanks.

While we lock many of our items in a safe, we leave our camera and video equipment in a draw in our room and have never had a problem. With that said, if you have a small video camera then it should easily fit in a safe.

If I had a choice of leaving the camera in a cabin in my drawer or in a beach bag that was unattended, I would go with the draw.

Keith

In ports, I have often wished I had my camcorder; alas, I leave it in my cabin as I'm usually a solo cruiser and I snorkle. I would never leave any camera in a bag on the beach, and although some places offer lockers, I don't really trust leaving them in there. Just me.

The safes I've seen are all large enough for both my cameras; however, I leave them in a drawer or on a table. Many cruises, never had any item missing.

Something you didn't ask, but thought I'd pass along...about camcorders on cruises.

Sometimes the camera will shut itself down (message: "dew detected") when taken directly from the coolness of the cabin to the warmth on deck! However, if you wrap your camcorder in a hand towel and put it in a bag or drawer while it's in your cabin - then take it out seconds before you are going on deck, it should be warm enough to not go into 'shutdown mode'. :)

Archived