Anyone back from the Med. with picutres?

SReeder

Thank you so much for the pictures. It looked like you all had a great time. One question for you. Did you find it worth while to do the Pompeii and the Amfli Coast? I was looking into that and didn't know if it would be worth our while. It was also great to see all your port of callls, as for we will be seeing a lot of them. Thanks again!

I can't stress enough not to miss Pompeii. It is something that you will never forget and somehow changes a little piece of you.

It's not just a few ruins, it's an entire city. You also MUST have a guide. . .you would miss so much of what is facinating if you don't have a guide. They explain why things were designed the way they were etc.

The Amalfi coast was beautiful, but It's not a "MUST DO" by any means. I would like to take more time with the Amalfi coast and if you DID have the time then it would be very worthwhile, however with seeing Pompeii, it doesn't give you time to do it right. We were far too rushed.

When you do Pompeii, try to get it done in the morning. We were there by 8:30 or so and it was already unbearably hot, can't imagine doing it in the afternoon.

The people on our ship that went to Capri raved about it, so doing Pompeii and Capri might be a nice idea.

Hope it helps.

Cherith

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but I must disagree with Cherith. Yes, you should see Pompeii; but I don't think you need a guide to enjoy it. It all depends upon how "in depth" you want to go. We did our homework before hand and knew exactly what areas we wanted to see. We were some of the first people to arrive there in the morning, and were able to go, see what we wanted, and get out with plenty of time left in the day to do the Amalfi Coast.

It turned out to be one of the most magical days we have ever spent. Five of us had hired a private driver in advance. We told him that we wanted him to show us "his Italy". We did not want to do the tourist / shopping area (although I am normally a big shopper). This part of the world is just too beautiful to waste time inside stores. He took us to wonderful little towns, along the back roads, and to scenic points that are not on the beaten path. We had lunch high on a mountain top overlooking Positano at a little family run place. We watched the lady pick our beans from her garden, cook them and then serve them to us. How's that for fresh!

You can read all about it and see lots of pictures at our website www.thepreismans.com Look under Mediterranean - Brilliance of the Seas.

Enjoy,

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious to see if anyone has their pictures back from the recent Med. cruises. I will be going in August and was wondering if anyone wanted to share their picutres. Thank you!

We have photos from our med cruise - click on our webshots link below to view.

Have a great cruise.

Archived