Is there a wine store in San Juan?

karpems

We are going to be taking a cruise out of San Juan and would like to take some nicer bottles of wine with us on the ship. With the current state of air travel and the inability to carry wine on the plane, I figured it might be easier to purchase wine right before getting on the ship. Does anyone know of any good wine shops in San Juan, preferably near the airport or cruise ship terminal? How are prices compared to the mainland?

San Juan does not have a lot of wine or even liquor stores. Most people go to the supermarket. Best price in town , even though more expensive than the states.

There is a a supermarket in old san Juan (PUEBLO) near the city hall building.

If you are interested in more information, maybe about tours, check out www.***** click on sightseeing and the on expert

if you are talking about the historic district (old san juan) then Pueblo has a good selection of wines mostly from Chile ($7-15), Spain ($12 and up), and Argentina, they also sell hard liquor and has good rum prices. Outside the historic district there are wine stores in the metro area.

• 6 months later...
We are taking a few bottles with us and packing it in our suit cases. I believe that the liquid restriction on the airlines is only for carry on.

Leslie you are right about the restrictions. However a couple bucks a bottle higher and no wet clothes. I will get mine in PR.

Leslie you are right about the restrictions. However a couple bucks a bottle higher and no wet clothes. I will get mine in PR.

I'm not sure that Leslie will heed your post, since she sailed about 6 months ago.

gary

Archived